Oddball / Unique Stocking Ideas?

Collin Chorba

HI all,
I have two tanks that need suggestions on stocking,
one 60 gallon
and one 20 gallon long
I would like them to be ok to maintain and not costing me a fortune, I would prefer the 20 long to be heavily planted,
Going for stuff I won’t get bored with, maybe more of a challenge as I'm not new to the hobby, thanks

gwtterry

Maybe a river tank for your 20 long with some stiphodon, rhinogobius, white clouds?

You could consider brackish for your 60 if you haven't done that yet. Knight Gobies, Anableps? Archer fish? Mudskippers for either?

Rainbow fish tank?
Puffers? Could do pea puffers or Red Eyes in 20. Could do target puffer family in 60 or South Americans?

Tanganyikan shell dwellers for 20.

Cichlids in 60? Like Nanochromis? Dicrossus? Apistos? Teleogramma? Buffaloheads?

Leaf fish? Lung Fish? Knife Fish? Elephant Nose? Baby Dolphin?

Collin Chorba

gwtterry said:
Maybe a river tank for your 20 long with some stiphodon, rhinogobius, white clouds?

You could consider brackish for your 60 if you haven't done that yet. Knight Gobies, Anableps? Archer fish? Mudskippers for either?

Rainbow fish tank?
Puffers? Could do pea puffers or Red Eyes in 20. Could do target puffer family in 60 or South Americans?

Tanganyikan shell dwellers for 20.

Cichlids in 60? Like Nanochromis? Dicrossus? Apistos? Teleogramma? Buffaloheads?

Leaf fish? Lung Fish? Knife Fish? Elephant Nose? Baby Dolphin?
I like the puffers, shell dwellers (multies are my favorites), and black ghost knife fish, all options to consider, I’m thinking maybe the 60 be a massive live bearer community, I would get tons of breeding action, lots of activity and color but might get bored quick, I might do a betta sorority in the 20 as that would be more of a challenge and a bit more rewarding, making the 60 an African cichlid tank could get pricy as I am 16 and I’m working long hours to save money, thank you, I’ll keep thinking and hopefully come to a conclusion soon.

Nicholas pilgrim

I would personally make the 20 gallon a shell dweller aquarium and the 60 gallon into a rope fish aquarium with a leopard bush fish.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom