Oddball Fish Photos Only

Aquarist
Please use this topic to post your Oddball Fish photos. I'll leave it stickied so it appears at the top of the posts.

Thanks,
Mike (Ken)

-----

Please use your own photos, and not material from the internet.

Please post your photos as attachments, rather than links.

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Ken

Toddy94
Red snakeheads!

Here are my two juvenile red snake heads also known as the giant snakehead from the 'channa' sp. they are now in my friends 6ft tank and are about 8 inches!

lesley
HI I'm new here! Noticed this thread and thought I would put pic's of my elephant nose gonzo lol
uploadfromtaptalk1367965408577.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367965446317.jpg

hillmom
Here is the peacock eel diging in the gravel!

AquaticDayCare

DSC_0081.jpg

These are my Palmas Palmas going through QT

DSC_0094.jpg

Retro's starting to color up

AquaLady
Jake98
Some of mine may not be true oddballs but they are something you don't see everyday.

I would call this guy a true oddball though, South American Leaf fish Monocirrhus polyacanthus

rsz_wp_001020.jpg

leaf.jpg

leopard ctenopoma

post_10.jpg

post_13.jpg

One of the exodon paradoxus stopped moving long enough to get a picture, sadly its not very good quality and you can't see its color pattern very well.

post_15.jpg

spiffynid
Here are my Polypterus senigalus-Haku and Shenron (yes I <3 anime, and dragons). They are about to be separated and put in a larger tank.

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

Sorry for the potato pics, my cell phone doesn't catch movement well.

MJDuti
Taiwanese color changing micro goby/dwarf dragon goby/schismatogobius ampluvinculus

001 - Copy.JPG

016-2.jpg

Very funny to watch. Doesn't really swim, more or less crawls and wiggles/jumps up in the water if he is grabbing food. Also leaves everything alone, even baby shrimp. Only ever saw these things once. Hard to find, but were just mentioned in one of the previous TFH magazines. So hopefully they will gain in popularity and more will be available.

jschneid3482
yellow and red tailed barracudas
IMG_20140517_094929_572.jpg

IMG_20140516_081514_185.jpg

Flowingfins
"Freshwater" (slowly transitioning to brackish) flounder. He is one of the coolest fish I have owned! The guy at the store said he was eating frozen bloodworms, but I'm not so sure. Anyways, here he is!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1429830920.502372.jpg

Fettuccini
This thread needs more posts.

Here's the best fish.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Habu22

1489368889837.jpg

The best picture of my tire track eel, Neil, that I have so far

Polyguy
Here are my bichirs/polypterus

Mojo!

fd6fdff61a4c72fd798e424907fe5ba2.jpg

Seth15
Here's a pic of 1 of my 4 reedfish in my 180 gallon tank.

2211Nighthawk
Sobek and his gang.

IMG_4191.PNG

Fredward

42a66b03f47d97ecfe7c99e3dc7ed8bf.jpg

My peacock eel

JandaBinal96
15" Gator gar baby my first fish )

rsz_1gar_2.jpg

lesley
Hi! Not long joined and wanted to show some pics off my elephant nose fish, my oldest is 7 year's old and 12 inches hes called Gonzo! He shares his tank with younger elephants theyre coming up for a year I adore keeping these guy's very interesting fish. Theres also my bristlenose, amano and snails in there.
20150430_200521.jpg

20150122_155159.jpg

20170704_134510.jpg

pacmanfrog404
This was my old spiny eel either mastacembelus frenatus or circumcintus. I have a new one now which I'll have to wait till he is settled before I can examine him.

Tj's Fish Tanks
My favorite oddball fish.
Sold as a freshwater stonefish.
Housed in brackish water where he thrives.

Tj's Fish Tanks
Reed&Frenatus.

LongIslandFishGuy
Casper&Mushu

image.jpeg
Here's my 1yr old Axolotl, axolotls are on the endangered list for those who didn't know He is a boy, his name is Mushu or Moo

Here's mines, a 1yr old Axolotl, Axolotls are on the endangered species list as well. His name is Mushu or Moo

Fish0n
Not that much of an odd ball really, but I don't see them on the forum much so here is my spiny eel making a face for the camera.

Executionernerner
Albino fw stingray

fish time
My African butterfly fish and my upside downcatfish hanging together
IMG_20190626_202048675.jpg

IMG_20190626_202103836.jpg

IMG_20190626_202038235.jpg

Mandy627

20200222_223754.jpg
freshwater flounder, please if you have any care experience I would love your advice (msg me). This baby fell in my lap and there is minimal info on online!

Haydeno
My half banded spiny eel. I see a lot of peacock and tire track eels but never half banded spiny eels. A shame as they’re the smallest species and is an excellent community fish because of that. Also I know German rams aren’t necessarily oddball but the black rams are a bit rarer so I’ll share.

Flyfisha
A Murray ( river) cod . While this one is still swimming in a lake they are sold in our big box country aquarium stores to country folks. They can grow to 8 feet but 4 feet is common these days. I don’t think even a 4 foot fish is really something to sell to anyone as an aquarium fish? But what would I know?
65E0A6C1-3797-4FC8-9DD3-458D7673B55E.jpeg

Haydeno
I’ll start with my 2 half banded spiny eels and German black rams. The other three black rams are hiding rn.

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom