Oddball fish for a 36 gallon bowfront tank

FishKeeper44
I love oddball fish. Any suggestions on oddball for a 36 gallon bowfront tank? Edited to add that I would prefer a peaceful fish that could live with kuhli loaches as I have a few that I would love to upgrade to the 36 gallon. Also I seem to be drawn to snake or eel like fish, lol.

Zach72202
Any kind of fish you're really thinking of? Any specific thing you want it to do? Characteristics? Oddball is pretty general in terms of fish types. It can include knife fish and puffers along with things like a sole fish or a baby whale. Now a lot of those are too big for a 36 bow, but I could recommend like a centipede knife, or pea puffers/irrubesco puffers.

GuppyGal7
Obligatory kuhli loach suggestion. They have tiny bioloads and are great little active characters. My favourite oddball fish, a school would look great in any peaceful tropical community tank.

FishKeeper44
Karena007 said:
Obligatory kuhli loach suggestion. They have tiny bioloads and are great little active characters. My favourite oddball fish, a school would look great in any peaceful tropical community tank.
Thank you!! I currently have a group of kuhli loaches and love them! They got me into oddballs.
Zach72202 said:
Any kind of fish you're really thinking of? Any specific thing you want it to do? Characteristics? Oddball is pretty general in terms of fish types. It can include knife fish and puffers along with things like a sole fish or a baby whale. Now a lot of those are too big for a 36 bow, but I could recommend like a centipede knife, or pea puffers/irrubesco puffers.
I don't have anything particular in mind right now. Just something different or strange looking. But I would prefer it be a community fish.

AggressiveAquatics
Kribensis27
AggressiveAquatics said:
Besides an African butterfly fish I can’t really think of any really cool ones for a 36 gal
There are all sorts of oddball nano fish, don’t forget about them!

I would say glass catfish are a good option. They’re schoolers, and can be shy in small groups, so should be kept in groups of 6+. They have an awesome, almost eel-like way of moving, and are almost entirely transparent. They truly do look like glass, but with little organs suspended in the middle.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom