40 Gallon Tank Oddball/ cool personable fish for a 40 breeder.

TheAnglerAquarist

So, my dad wants an aquarium. I suggested the 40 breeder. He liked the idea. I believe he wants a slightly bigger, cool fish. He is a big fisherman, so he is used to agressive fish. Would a senigal bicher work in there? There are some puffers like the modestus that are cool and personable but they have fast growing teeth. He wouldn’t want to be a dentist!

fishydaddy

I really like hairy puffers, they're weird and would do great in a 40b. I'm not super sure about this species teeth though, I've never kept them at home, just through work.
I also really like red wolf fish. One of those might be right up his alley, as they are aggressive but would likely work in a 40.

TheAnglerAquarist

I really like hairy puffers, they're weird and would do great in a 40b. I'm not super sure about this species teeth though, I've never kept them at home, just through work.
I also really like red wolf fish. One of those might be right up his alley, as they are aggressive but would likely work in a 40.
Cool! Hairy puffers are very sensitive and I am only at my dads every other weekend so I would do maintenance every time. Do you know anything about the Senegal bicher?

fishydaddy

I think one would probably be ok in a 40B but that is the smallest tank size I would consider for one. Have you heard of hingemouths? They're a bit smaller and have the same shape as bichirs.

LowConductivity

Ivanacara adoketa, the "zebra acara". Big fish personality, big fish "aggression" in a 3-4" package.

TheAnglerAquarist

Ivanacara adoketa, the "zebra acara". Big fish personality, big fish "aggression" in a 3-4" package.
That would be cool!
I think one would probably be ok in a 40B but that is the smallest tank size I would consider for one. Have you heard of hingemouths? They're a bit smaller and have the same shape as bichirs.
They look nice, but my dad seems to like bichers more
Is it true that albino Senegal bichers stay smaller than the normal gene of senagalus?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
  • Question
40 Gallon Tank Oddball fish
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
Replies
Views
danielsnod12