Odd Thing On Neon Dottyback

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Disease' started by HDavid, Apr 24, 2018.

1. HDavid

HDavidValued MemberMember

Today I noticed something hung coming out of my neon dottyback’s eye. I can’t tell if it’s some parasite/worm or if he just bumped his head in and it’s just white skin but have a look and if anyone knows please give me some insight. He is about a year old in my tank and all peramiters are steady and healthy IMG_4137.jpg

2. stella1979

stella1979ModeratorModerator Member

It's hard to be sure, but I can tell you that white worms appeared in my firefish's head last year. I could see them moving under the skin right near his eye, as well as the top of his head. PraziPro cleared it right up. I dosed it and the worms spasmed and worked their way out of the fish right before my eyes. It was crazy looking.

I did this when my tank was rather new and I didn't have a qt. I had a few hardy corals at the time, GSP, xenia, and some zoas. They got very angry when I put medication in the tank... I would not try that again in a reef tank.

Prazi is a very gentle med though and will not hurt your fish. Can you remove the Dotty and treat in a qt?