Odd Thing On Neon Dottyback Help

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Disease' started by HDavid, Apr 24, 2018.

1. HDavidValued MemberMember

Today I noticed something hung coming out of my neon dottyback’s eye. I can’t tell if it’s some parasite/worm or if he just bumped his head in and it’s just white skin but have a look and if anyone knows please give me some insight. He is about a year old in my tank and all peramiters are steady and healthy IMG_4137.jpg

2. stella1979ModeratorModerator Member

It's hard to be sure, but I can tell you that white worms appeared in my firefish's head last year. I could see them moving under the skin right near his eye, as well as the top of his head. PraziPro cleared it right up. I dosed it and the worms spasmed and worked their way out of the fish right before my eyes. It was crazy looking.

I did this when my tank was rather new and I didn't have a qt. I had a few hardy corals at the time, GSP, xenia, and some zoas. They got very angry when I put medication in the tank... I would not try that again in a reef tank.

Prazi is a very gentle med though and will not hurt your fish. Can you remove the Dotty and treat in a qt?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice