Odd nerite

AggressiveAquatics
I got a new nerite snail today and decided to get this guy because of how odd he is. His shell looks like a Little Rock. Nowhere close to what my other nerites look like. And is this coloring or hard water stains in his shell?

1609639121296.jpeg

jkkgron2
He looks... weird :confused:. I’ll be following along to see what others think. Maybe a cross of different types?

Quiche
If I had to guess, it's possible that it's fallen/scraped off barnacle remains, only because I remember seeing a nerite with a barnacle on it a little while ago. Are the white rings raised?

AggressiveAquatics
Quiche said:
If I had to guess, it's possible that it's fallen/scraped off barnacle remains, only because I remember seeing a nerite with a barnacle on it a little while ago. Are the white rings raised?
No they aren’t raised. It just looks like coloring but I’ve never seen a nerite with that pattern

Roman96
I got 3 from PetSmart and 2 looked exactly the same. I've had them for 3 months now and they are doing good and eating algae so I wouldn't worry about it.

Betta'sAnonymous
I saw one at petco today that looked like it had a treasure map on its shell!! Was so hard to resist...i wanted that bad boy. But, seeing as i spent over $100 there today anyway...knew my wife would be ALL OVER anything living that i brought in.

AcornTheBetta
AggressiveAquatics said:
I got a new nerite snail today and decided to get this guy because of how odd he is. His shell looks like a Little Rock. Nowhere close to what my other nerites look like. And is this coloring or hard water stains in his shell?
He looks a lot like these black nerites:
Might be a common thing with black nerites....

AggressiveAquatics
AcornTheBetta said:
He looks a lot like these black nerites:
Might be a common thing with black nerites....
Cool thanks. I’ve never seen any like that before

AcornTheBetta
AggressiveAquatics said:
Cool thanks. I’ve never seen any like that before
Me neither until I googled black nerite and that image came up.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom