Odd Fears or Phobias?

Fears or Phobias

• Total voters
Allie
Just wondering if you guys had any strange fears?
Me clowns, balloons :-[ and birds. I am totally afraid of heights & large crowds of people.
If balloons are in a room...I am on edge and cringey in fear they may pop.
Ever since I read Stephen King's IT, clowns creeps me out.

COBettaCouple
:;hb party time!

Tom
I think the only thing I really am afraid of is falling from high things, other than that, I am not really afraid of anything.
Tom

Neville
I am a little afraid of heights too, but it is not phobia.

Tom
Don't fall, don't fall. lol For me it isn't really the heights that scare me or even the fall, it is the sudden stop right at the end. lol
Tom

Allie
I wish I was just a little afraid when driving over the bridges here...my elbows lock if I am the one driving, my hands get sweaty and I have unreasonable fear of the car just flying off the road...even tho I am the one driving. :

COBettaCouple
Don't fall, don't fall. lol For me it isn't really the heights that scare me or even the fall, it is the sudden stop right at the end. lol
Tom

you got that right.. it's not the fall that kills you, it's the landing.

armadillo
I am petrified of the dark if am home alone. Absolutely hate it.

AlisonChristine
I have a fairly recently acquired fear of SemI trucks. My friend and I were in a pretty bad wreck back in February (we're both fine now, but she was in a coma for 3 weeks), but ever since then, I haven't been able to drive on the highway. It's really frustrating.

armadillo
That must be really isolating and inconvenient. I was also unable to drive for a month or so, and I felt so frustrated.

Tom
I have a fairly recently acquired fear of SemI trucks. My friend and I were in a pretty bad wreck back in February (we're both fine now, but she was in a coma for 3 weeks), but ever since then, I haven't been able to drive on the highway. It's really frustrating.
That's terrible.
Tom

AlisonChristine
The worst part is that she doesn't remember the wreck at all. Not the conversations we had before, not anything up until waking up. So she had all the physical effects of the wreck, (even though the whole roof of her car was torn off, I had a seatbelt burn and no other damage), I got all the psychological effects.

It's more inconvenient than anything. Having a car here would be so useful, but no, I get a small panic attack when I'm around semis in a car, even when I'm just riding. But if I'm riding, I can distract myself unless we come up behind them too quickly.

armadillo
HI Alison Christine. I've been through a traumatic experience myself, and suffered from post traumatic stress disorder. I found that EMDR did wonders really quickly. It's no miracle cure, but do look into it if you get a chance. I was totally 'fixed up' in 3 months or so. It's a practice used by doctors to alleviate the worst effects quite quickly, which in turn leaves you able to start exposing yourself to the object of your fear without the panick attacks.

Allie
That is horrible...glad you are fine now.
I have anxiety issues so sometimes when it's bad...I can barely drive down the road. Yes it is frustrating when you suddenly have to pull over to calm down.

COBettaCouple
:'( that really sux! I can imagine how VERY frustrating it must be! >

Harley
I'm deathly afraid of sea weed I dunno why seeing as I have live plants in my fish tanks but something abouit the wild sea weed freaks me out!

Isabella
I don't really have any serious phobias, but I am a bit tense when in a very high building and on top of it. Also, I don't like big hairy spiders (or any big and/or hairy flying insects like Cicadas, etc.). They totally creep me out! Although I wouldn't kill any spiders or other big flying/hairy insects - just afraid of them "a bit", that's all

Marc
No major phobias but heights do bother me a tad. Occasional (and very odd) anxiety attacks from an overactive imagination, though.

Allie
No major phobias but heights do bother me a tad. Occasional (and very odd) anxiety attacks from an overactive imagination, though.
I hear ya on that one.

neverendingninja
I have a slight(ly bad) fear of heights that I will hopefully have to be facing very soon, as I fibbed to the interviewer when I applied for a new job recently, that involves welding on a ship while in a bucket 80 feet above the ground.

He asked if I was claustrophobic or afraid of heights, and I said no...because I'm not claustrophobic

Other than that, I don't think I have any irrational fears or phobias.

mingher
I have never been able to get myself to dail phone numbers. If they are programed into my phone then there isn't an issue, but other wise I have to have someone else dail it.

Howeyg
heights but nothing else really. Last time I went up the eiffel tower I was stuck in the crowded elevator which is alright but some crazy lady had her armpit hairs in my face I was so annoyed. the other crazy thing also is trying to walk down the eiffel tower were the holes in the stairs which you could see through that was scary.

armadillo
I'd say I have a healthy phobia of armpit hair, after a story like that!

Chief_waterchanger
I have a very over active imagination that is a huge contributing factor to my fear of darkness. I have no problem with darkness if I am with someone, but if I am alone I get anxiety issues (not quite anxiety attacks, but enough to make my chest hurt) while walking around at night outside. I never worried about someone sneaking up on me, as I know it is very tedious to not make noise in the dark while moving, but my imagination always conjures up the thought of someone laying in wait for me, which is totally irrational. I have nothing special about me to attract anything of that sort; I am not a rich person, a famous person, don't have any enemies, etc.

Dino
None that I am aware of.

Sometimes I am so square.

fishgirl
When I'm on the freeway, I have a fear that a simi-truck will fall over (for no reason) and it will fall ON me or in front of me and I won't be able to stop

rainman
zombies man, scary stuf :J(.. oh yeah and people I'm just an antI social freak I guess

MissMTS
Okay here it goes: I am chlosterphobic, afraid of the dark, afraid of heights, afraid of clowns and people making funny faces. I know that the last one is wierd, but it probably freaks me out even more than anything else on my list.

COBettaCouple
This is why it's dangerous to scare babies with funny faces - lifelong phobias!

Okay here it goes: I am chlosterphobic, afraid of the dark, afraid of heights, afraid of clowns and people making funny faces. I know that the last one is wierd, but it probably freaks me out even more than anything else on my list.

d0ggiem0mma
Scared to death of bees and hornets. Everyone makes fun of me because I seriously FREAK OUT!

SereneReyn
dentists. I have good (obsessive) oral hygiene, but I have nightmares about my teeth falling out or going to the dentist, or both. actually going to the dentist makes me so tense I get nauseous.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AnglerTheStrangler
Replies
Views
Ohio Mark
Replies
Views
Koniucha
Replies
Views