Odd Albino Rainbow Shark Behavior

Sailfinslayer

My six inch albino rainbow shark is swimming veryically and very lethargically. Although I know it's totally normal for this type of fish to have quite out there swimming behaviors this is a new behavior for mine who I've have for about a year and a half. She's staying in the top 7-9 inches of water vertically just swaying back and forth with the occasional twitching and tipping backwards slightly. I know a few things this could be but I'm really not sure at this point. Is she fine? My other fish seem to be acting perfectly normal other than the fact that they've tightened up there school to stay away from her, if you could offer any explanation or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Fanatic

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

Could you provide us with your water parameters, tank size, and possibly a couple of pictures of the fish?

Sailfinslayer

Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

Could you provide us with your water parameters, tank size, and possibly a couple of pictures of the fish?

Hello, and thank you. My tank is 29 gallons (a bit on the small size, I know) my water perameters are; temp 80° F, ammonia and nitrite 0, Nitrate 16 ppm, pH is 7, and kh 5. She's never had any problems before and the others in the tank are a-ok, but if there is something alarming please, please, please, let me know. I'm so sorry I am unsure how to upload photos to the thread.

Fanatic

Hello, and thank you. My tank is 29 gallons (a bit on the small size, I know) my water perameters are; temp 80° F, ammonia and nitrite 0, Nitrate 16 ppm, pH is 7, and kh 5. She's never had any problems before and the others in the tank are a-ok, but if there is something alarming please, please, please, let me know. I'm so sorry I am unsure how to upload photos to the thread.

Definitely way too small for a shark of this type.
Do you have the ammonia reading?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Grimtastic
Replies
Views
ABiondi
Replies
Views
Peacefantasy
Replies