October 2019 - Forum Upgrade Issues

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JettsPapa said:
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/whats-new/
There's the link. I can't figure out how to post a screenshot from my phone, but it lists 10 posts, then has a button that says "View more..."
Ok, so that is the main "what's new" page and when you click the more button it just takes you to the new posts tab. Not much I can do with how that works.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The trader ratings are back in the BSTF section, but I found a bug with the new add-on and contacted the developer. If you click on the buyer or seller's name while viewing the history page it takes you to an Oops message error page. Hopefully he fixes it soon and I'll update it. But, the important part of submitting and viewing ratings works.

Ladyglo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm on a Mac desktop with IOS system. I'm sorry to give you one more problem but, when I click on the "Aquarium Details" at the top of the page, I get an Oops message error page. I first tried it yesterday and again now. Don't know if it is just me (totally possible:D) or if it is still being worked on?
Thanks,
LG

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ladyglo said:
I'm on a Mac desktop with IOS system. I'm sorry to give you one more problem but, when I click on the "Aquarium Details" at the top of the page, I get an Oops message error page. I first tried it yesterday and again now. Don't know if it is just me (totally possible:D) or if it is still being worked on?
Thanks,
LG
I'm seeing the same thing on my desktop with Chrome and my phone with Firefox. I assume was on the list for attention, but if not I'm sure it is now.

Elkwatcher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The arrow doesn't do anything. This morning on the Wild Life posting thread there were only little squares to hover over, not the option line with the fonts, smilies, inserts etc. Just letting you know to help.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just want to throw something out there. If it has already been said, I apologize. But two of the new reactions are "iffy" to me.

Sad and Wow. Both of which could be used negatively as a reaction to terrible advice or terrible stocking decisions or something. Even "smart" could be used in a smart alec sort of way. But especially sad and wow in my opinion.

Now...I can assure you I won't use them that way, because I am not a jerk like that. But the way people abused the "disagree" reaction years ago, I worry that some may choose to use "sad" and "wow" as the new negative reactions. They may not be labeled as negative, but I am sure they will get used that way.

Just food for thought!!

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
bizaliz3 said:
I just want to throw something out there. If it has already been said, I apologize. But two of the new reactions are "iffy" to me.

Sad and Wow. Both of which could be used negatively as a reaction to terrible advice or terrible stocking decisions or something. Even "smart" could be used in a smart alec sort of way. But especially sad and wow in my opinion.

Now...I can assure you I won't use them that way, because I am not a jerk like that. But the way people abused the "disagree" reaction years ago, I worry that some may choose to use "sad" and "wow" as the new negative reactions. They may not be labeled as negative, but I am sure they will get used that way.

Just food for thought!!
Agree. I can see people calling me "smart" if I am disagreeing with them over something. Doesn't even have to be about bad advise, even when people don't like what they hear, even if true. I don't see it happening often though. Most people here are quite respectful. I do like the idea of a sad reaction as I could never react to sad news. Maybe the new hug option could take the place for that.

I will say that I definitely miss agree. I have to like most posts now to say I agree which is kinda bland. Informative was a nice one too.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Feohw said:
Agree. I can see people calling me "smart" if I am disagreeing with them over something. Doesn't even have to be about bad advise, even when people don't like what they hear, even if true. I don't see it happening often though. Most people here are quite respectful. I do like the idea of a sad reaction as I could never react to sad news. Maybe the new hug option could take the place for that.

I will say that I definitely miss agree. I have to like most posts now to say I agree which is kinda bland. Informative was a nice one too.
Wow.....that is Sad....you must think you are so smart.

HAHAHAHAH Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

And I agree. I liked the agree option.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree, we need our agree option back. All I could do is like these last 3 posts.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mike I’m far from a tech guy :). But everything to me works great. So thanks! As with anything new it takes time to figure it all out. Now my only problem and I think it began before the change. Is can we get back the op marker for the thread starter. With the just colored avatars I never know who in talking to. Thanks

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Mike I’m far from a tech guy :). But everything to me works great. So thanks! As with anything new it takes time to figure it all out. Now my only problem and I think it began before the change. Is can we get back the op marker for the thread starter. With the just colored avatars I never know who in talking to. Thanks
I'm not Mike, obviously, but I found where it is now. Look up to the top right of the OP's posts. Instead of saying OP it now says thread starter.

Elkwatcher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feohw said:

I miss the "winner icon" it was a great way to show the post or information was right on. Personally I find the love eye's on a smiley sort of childish, would rather just see a heart symbol.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
mattgirl said:
I'm not Mike, obviously, but I found where it is now. Look up to the top right of the OP's posts. Instead of saying OP it now says thread starter.
Can you share a screen shot?? I found this little blue circle on myself in my own thread. So I assume the blue circle is meaning I started the thread. BUT that circle only shows up in the blue format. I dont see it on the dark or light formats. And I dont see the words "thread starter" anywhere. Mobile or desktop.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
C
bizaliz3 said:
Can you share a screen shot?? I found this little blue circle on myself in my own thread. So I assume the blue circle is meaning I started the thread. BUT that circle only shows up in the blue format. I dont see it on the dark or light formats. And I dont see the words "thread starter" anywhere. Mobile or desktop.
Here you go

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, on the black bar on the right at the top of the post, in a box it says Thread Starter

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here is the scoop guys...

"Thread starter" ONLY shows up in DEFAULT STYLE. and ONLY when using the desktop site.

The blue circle indicating thread starter (in the screenshot I posted) only shows up in BLUE mode.

So if you are accessing the site on your mobile phone (not the app) you can't see who started the thread unless in blue mode. And you only see it in default style when viewing in desktop mode. I just tested every viewing option to confirm.

So at this point in time....if you are viewing the website on your mobile phone web browser (again not the app) you can only see who the OP is by having it in blue mode.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m using Fishlore light style on an iPad using the web version & I can see it.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ooh I think i'm gonna like the dark mode. Easy on the eyes. I miss all the rating options though like 'agree', 'creative', that was a fun feature here, but I guess a trivial one.

What I also miss is the OP banner in the avatar of the person who made the thread using mobile phone Chome. I have to go back often to see who started the thread and who to respond to.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bizaliz3 said:
Here is the scoop guys...

"Thread starter" ONLY shows up in DEFAULT STYLE. and ONLY when using the desktop site.

The blue circle indicating thread starter (in the screenshot I posted) only shows up in BLUE mode.

So if you are accessing the site on your mobile phone (not the app) you can't see who started the thread unless in blue mode. And you only see it in default style when viewing in desktop mode. I just tested every viewing option to confirm.

So at this point in time....if you are viewing the website on your mobile phone web browser (again not the app) you can only see who the OP is by having it in blue mode.
I am not sure the blue circle indicates thread starter. Before the upgrade it actually said "OP" over there on our avatars. Now it says "Thread Starter" and it is now on the right side of the colored bar at the top of each post.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
mattgirl said:
I am not sure the blue circle indicates thread starter. Before the upgrade it actually said "OP" over there on our avatars. Now it says "Thread Starter" and it is now on the right side of the colored bar at the top of each post.
Well...the blue circle is not by my name in this thread. But it is by my name in my thread. So I assume it had to do with me being the OP in that thread. Maybe not?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom