October 2019 - Forum Upgrade Issues

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you do ctrl+shift+R and shift+F5 and then post what the console screen looks like? I modified fonts to load from the main fishlore server isntead of the CDN.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mike said:
@Ravynn which style are you using? Fishlore Light, Dark or Blue? Style chooser is at bottom of screen.
Style chooser is at the top of the screen for me but is not labeled as such. It's just the last of 3 empty boxes and the only one of the 3 that has a mouseover window. There are no styles to choose however. Clicking the box just switches between light and dark and I see no list and no mention anywhere of a blue style.

Chromium based Edge on Windows 10 64 bit.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Dch48 said:
Style chooser is at the top of the screen for me but is not labeled as such. It's just the last of 3 empty boxes and the only one of the 3 that has a mouseover window. There are no styles to choose however. Clicking the box just switches between light and dark and I see no list and no mention anywhere of a blue style.

Chromium based Edge on Windows 10 64 bit.
That's there for me too. Click it and it changes from dark to light. But at the bottom you can find "fishlore light" or "fishlore dark" and if you click that you can choose between the three. So there's one at the top and a more detailed at the bottom.

I amen't having issues with the boxes as many people seem to be having.

Ravynn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mike said:
Can you do ctrl+shift+R and shift+F5 and then post what the console screen looks like? I modified fonts to load from the main fishlore server isntead of the CDN.
Here you go, sorry I took so long!

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm still seeing boxes instead of icons; both on my phone with Firefox and on a desktop running Chrome.

DecoyCat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Wow, one minute we have endless squares everywhere and next icons, well done Mike!! Looks fabulous :D

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FinalFins said:
Ill pretend i know what CDN is :)
Content Delivery Network. Many servers. We use servers located all over the world and when you browse fishlore you are pulling site assets like css (layout settings), images, etc. from the server closest to you so the site loads faster.

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I do have a couple of questions.

1. When I go to a Discussion I've visited before, is there any way to have it take me directly to the first post since I last visited? I belong to another forum (not related to fish-keeping) that had that option, and I really liked it.
  2. On the"New Posts" page, when I click on the More link at the bottom of page 1 it adds the rest of the page, but takes me back to the top. Can that be changed so we don't have to scroll back down? Or just eliminate that More button and load the whole page right way?

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
More reactions/likes have been added.

JettsPapa said:
I do have a couple of questions.
  1. When I go to a Discussion I've visited before, is there any way to have it take me directly to the first post since I last visited? I belong to another forum (not related to fish-keeping) that had that option, and I really liked it.
  2. On the"New Posts" page, when I click on the More link at the bottom of page 1 it adds the rest of the page, but takes me back to the top. Can that be changed so we don't have to scroll back down? Or just eliminate that More button and load the whole page right way?
1. It should be doing that already. It might be messed up with all of the updates I've been making the past couple of days with the database and caching issues. Maybe see if it starts working as expected in over the next 24 hours and if it doesn't behave let me know.

2. Not sure I follow what you are saying here. That's not how the new posts page works for me. It has page numbers and not a more button at the bottom. Can you post a link to the page you are talking about?

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm liking the black (with my aqua...)and the Aquarium details below the avatar on threads is brilliant! Everyone should have their info on there!

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mike said:
More reactions/likes have been added.

1. It should be doing that already. It might be messed up with all of the updates I've been making the past couple of days with the database and caching issues. Maybe see if it starts working as expected in over the next 24 hours and if it doesn't behave let me know.

2. Not sure I follow what you are saying here. That's not how the new posts page works for me. It has page numbers and not a more button at the bottom. Can you post a link to the page you are talking about?
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/whats-new/
There's the link. I can't figure out how to post a screenshot from my phone, but it lists 10 posts, then has a button that says "View more..."

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
StarGirl15 said:
I'm liking the black (with my aqua...)and the Aquarium details below the avatar on threads is brilliant! Everyone should have their info on there!
Ooooh I see you found some more emojis too! Great work Mike!

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mike,

Also, regarding my #1 above, it seems like it goes to the first unread post if I had visited the discussion since the upgrade, but not for the ones I hadn't. That issue will of course fix itself over time.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom