October 2019 - Forum Upgrade Issues - Page 6

The_fishy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don’t know if this has been reported yet, but I have been unable to post pictures through the app or mobile site for over a week.

Elkwatcher

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not that it's really important, the emoji's are going to the beginning of a post instead of the end of the writing lately. When I "cut" and paste to the end, a smile will end up like this :) instead of the real emoji. When I copy the smile a second time it usually places properly though. Silly things..

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can we have the sub-menu that starts with "forum rules" and ends with "unanswered threads" that goes across the top right under "Aquarium Forum" stay stickied on the page so we do not have to scroll all the way up in a thread to see it?

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
One other thing I would like to have back is the male/female distinction. It use to be there under the avatar along with age if the member chose for it to be.

I am so silly. I just discovered where it is. If I hover over aquarium details it is right there. Gotta forgive me. I'm old and sometime kinda slow at finding things. :D

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
mattgirl said:
One other thing I would like to have back is the male/female distinction. It use to be there under the avatar along with age if the member chose for it to be.

I am so silly. I just discovered where it is. If I hover over aquarium details it is right there. Gotta forgive me. I'm old and sometime kinda slow at finding things. :D
Lol, I don't see it on my phone! Maybe taken away because the word gender has lost all meaning. I didn't notice it was gone until now.

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
mattgirl said:
I'm old and sometime kinda slow at finding things. :D
If that's your excuse, then what's mine? Haha. I still preferred it when it was on the panel under the amount of posts and reactions where you didn't need to click it. Guess it'll be fine though.
angelcraze said:
Lol, I don't see it on my phone! Maybe taken away because the word gender has lost all meaning. I didn't notice it was gone until now.
Its under "aquarium details" my phone beside a persons name above the post. Have to click into it though.

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry to be a pain but I do wish the hover over worked for alerts and conversations. I have pretty much gotten used to the new layout and everything seems to work well but do miss that hover over option.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feohw said:
If that's your excuse, then what's mine? Haha. I still preferred it when it was on the panel under the amount of posts and reactions where you didn't need to click it. Guess it'll be fine though.

Its under "aquarium details" my phone beside a persons name above the post. Have to click into it though.
Ok found it tx! Lol, I didn't see that link either! Need more coffee!

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
tfreema said:
Can we have the sub-menu that starts with "forum rules" and ends with "unanswered threads" that goes across the top right under "Aquarium Forum" stay stickied on the page so we do not have to scroll all the way up in a thread to see it?
I just realized that little arrows pop up on the right hand side when scrolling. Clicking on the arrow takes me to the top where the sub menu is visible. Not as good as having it stickied there, but better than having to scroll all the way up a long page in a thread.

I use the ap mostly so still getting used to desktop when I do use it.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Now at this moment, the reaction buttons on posts aren't working...

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Momgoose56 said:
I can only "Like" posts, otherwise, this is what I get:
Screenshot_20191105-103329_Chrome.jpg
Odd. I just checked on my phone and its working there for me too. Guess this is one for Mike.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feohw said:
Odd. I just checked on my phone and its working there for me too. Guess this is one for Mike.
Never mind...I just shut down and reopened my browser and it works now...red face...thanks all!

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wait, you guys can get more than just "Like" on the ap? I thought that was only available on desktop. I only have "Like" available on the ap.........

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
tfreema said:
Wait, you guys can get more than just "Like" on the ap? I thought that was only available on desktop. I only have "Like" available on the ap.........
Press and hold on the "Like" link.

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
JettsPapa said:
Press and hold on the "Like" link.
Nothing. It just indicates that I liked it. No choice to love, agree, etc are available like they are on the desktop......

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
tfreema said:
Nothing. It just indicates that I liked it. No choice to love, agree, etc are available like they are on the desktop......
Did you hold your finger on it for a few secs? You're the only one I've seen it not work for. Guess you could try shutting down and restarting the browser too?

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Feohw said:
Did you hold your finger on it for a few secs? You're the only one I've seen it not work for. Guess you could try shutting down and restarting the browser too?
I am using the Tapatalk ap, not a browser.

Rcslade124

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok I have fought it long enough. Am I the only one that since this forum was updated gets a random beep non stop? I think it is when a new post is posted. I'm using the forum on android web. I have notifications turned off. But if I leave the page up in my browser it goes off non stop. If I close out of the internet for long enough it stops. Once I use any data google search or open the web it beeps over and over? I just want to know if it's just me or others experience it.

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
fishloreadmin said:
HI Fishloreans - wow, that was a huge upgrade! Took literally all day today and I'm still rebuilding indexes and tweaking things... Gonna be a long night and weekend. :)

Please post any issues in this thread and I'll try and tackle them as soon as I can. Some things have changed a lot, but much has stayed the same.

Thanks for your patience!
Mike
[EDIT] - Added by ryanr

To all, if you need to report an issue, to help speed things up, please state how you're viewing the forum. E.g. are you using the app, or via browser on mobile device, and state the browser you're using,
Is there a limit to the number of allowable characters in the "Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc" section of our Aquarium Details? I'm trying to add Cryptocoryne Undulata Red to the list, and it only lets me enter some of the text and then nothing happens. This is with my phone using Firefox last night, and desktop with Chrome this morning.

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Don't know if this was asked but is there an update in the Google app store?

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
fishloreadmin said:
HI Fishloreans - wow, that was a huge upgrade! Took literally all day today and I'm still rebuilding indexes and tweaking things... Gonna be a long night and weekend. :)

Please post any issues in this thread and I'll try and tackle them as soon as I can. Some things have changed a lot, but much has stayed the same.

Thanks for your patience!
Mike
[EDIT] - Added by ryanr

To all, if you need to report an issue, to help speed things up, please state how you're viewing the forum. E.g. are you using the app, or via browser on mobile device, and state the browser you're using,
I had a thought. Would it be possible for us to post pictures of our tanks with our aquarium details?

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m pretty sure we have a thread called members tanks. Where people do that.:).

Elkwatcher

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The smiles are still positioning themselves at the beginning of a sentence instead of being pasted to the end of a post... when cut and moved you get this :) until you recopy a second time and paste where it belongs.

Also when I click post, save or edit there is a long live yellow bar running over the Fishlore blue menu bar that does a single flash left to right, with 3 live vertical short bars over the search button that flash in sequence... is this normal? Just curious. I
use SafarI on a Macbook Pro.

bar.png

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There's plenty of threads where you can post pictures of your tanks and give as many details as you want. "Show off your fish tank" comes to mind.

The app is way different then the desk top. It may be more user friendly but you can do much more on desktop.

New Threads