October 2019 - Forum Upgrade Issues

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you for giving us our agree icon back. Can we possibly have our winner icon back? Sometimes something is said that is so spot on nothing but "winner" is the appropriate reaction.

The hover over for alerts and conversations would be nice along with a way to tell which threads we have commented on. Before, our avatar was superimposed over the OP's avatar and that worked well. We could tell at a glance that we had commented on that thread.

So far I've not come across anything that isn't working as it should so it looks like you can finally take a deep breath and relax a bit. There are always going to be glitches when doing a major upgrade like this. Thank you for all you do to keep this forum up and running so well :)

JettsPapa

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok, so that is the main "what's new" page and when you click the more button it just takes you to the new posts tab. Not much I can do with how that works.
I realized that getting the partial page only happens when I click on the little lightning bolt near the top right. When I select New Posts from the drop-down near the top left it doesn't happen, so I'll remember to keep using that option.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've noticed that pics on some threads seem to have broken. This thread for instance. Not all thread seem to have been affected, but I've checked a few that I've been part of and it seems its happened to quite a few of them.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am unable to use Smileys. Screen freezes right here, every time:
Screenshot_20191019-121842_Chrome.jpg
Is there a way I can fix this? I'm using an android/Chrome.
Also, why doesn't colored text translate to posts? I was hoping (excited actually) that would be an option we could use to highlight stuff like NitrITES and NitrATES without having to shout so much....lol!

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am unable to use Smileys. Screen freezes right here, every time:
View attachment 628842
Is there a way I can fix this? I'm using an android/Chrome.
Also, why doesn't colored text translate to posts? I was hoping (excited actually) that would be an option we could use to highlight stuff like NitrITES and NitrATES without having to shout so much....lol!
There are a lot of smilies and emojis that load as you scroll. I'll have to research if there are any android/chrome issues with that.

The colors are disabled because it can make the text unreadable in dark mode. For example if you picked purple the dark screen mode made it nearly unreadable. You can still use the "B" or bold tag though. Like so: NitrAte, NitrIte

Also, an update on the photo issue. I think it was caused by one of the add-ons we are using which I've since disabled but I have to try and restore those missing images from backup which is taking a looooong time to download. Probably won't get those restored til after work tomorrow night.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are a lot of smilies and emojis that load as you scroll. I'll have to research if there are any android/chrome issues with that.

The colors are disabled because it can make the text unreadable in dark mode. For example if you picked purple the dark screen mode made it nearly unreadable. You can still use the "B" or bold tag though. Like so: NitrAte, NitrIte

Also, an update on the photo issue. I think it was caused by one of the add-ons we are using which I've since disabled but I have to try and restore those missing images from backup which is taking a looooong time to download. Probably won't get those restored til after work tomorrow night.
Thanks for the fixes. But the problem with the smileys is that when i try to use them the screen freezes. I can't do anything. I can't refresh the screen etc. I have to shut down my browser and restart it. I guess maybe smileys are broken on androids using chrome.
Update: I switched to Firefox focus and I'm having a whole different issue with the screen jumping around while i'm entering messages! The smileys work now though. Maybe it's not a Android using Chrome issue then. Maybe it's an Android using Anything issue?

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How do I find a list of MY THREADS ??
At the top of the page just click on the ‘Find threads’ tab, you should see threads you started & an option to see threads where you posted in & others. This is in the full version I have no clue about the App sorry.

JettsPapa

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the fixes. But the problem with the smileys is that when i try to use them the screen freezes. I can't do anything. I can't refresh the screen etc. I have to shut down my browser and restart it. I guess maybe smileys are broken on androids using chrome.
Update: I switched to Firefox focus and I'm having a whole different issue with the screen jumping around while i'm entering messages! The smileys work now though. Maybe it's not a Android using Chrome issue then. Maybe it's an Android using Anything issue?
Momgoose,

I'm using Firefox on an android phone and not having any issues currently.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
After trying for several days now, I am unable to restore some of those broken attachments from last week. So you may need to re-attach them in some of your threads or in the gallery. Looks like it affected about 1% of the total attachments. I'm going to keep trying to get them restored but I'm kinda losing hope at this point because the developer for the add-on that caused the issue isn't responding.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom