Ocean Nutrition F1 Frozen

Discussion in 'Fish Food Reviews' started by Nanologist, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member

Anyone using this or recommend it?

I wanted to get something highly beneficial to both my new dottyback in the nano fowlr and also my Betta in his 3.5g and the 35g community freshwater adoption tank I got a couple days ago.
    2c601598d381a9f8f73e7e86e33b76fe.jpg
    e299360b1177d629ef8f727555dba9ac.jpg
    It does say pseudochromis on the back so I know that's good.

2. a

anarchy Valued Member Member

Never tried it. I make my own frozen food

3. OP
    OP
    Nanologist

I was about to but I already do so much cooking on a daily basis that $10 every 6-9 months for all my fish isn't bad because they get so many other foods besides this. Like straight mysis, brine, blood worms and such. This is just supplementary I was hoping.

4. a

anarchy Valued Member Member

None of mine gets cooked just get table shrimp,clams, garlic cloves, fresh hatched brine, frozen my sis and a sheet of nori. Throw it all in the blender. Once it's blended then I just flatten it out in a gallon zip lock bag. I only feed that and supplement with pellets

5. bopsalot

bopsalot Well Known Member Member

That looks fine. However, it looks like it's mostly water, and not super high in any nutrients. May not be the best value. But fine for supplementation, I would think.

6. OP
    OP
    Nanologist

That's actually one of the largest reasons I was second guessing the food but then I remembered vitamin retention from supplements is horrible unless there's a binder to keep it in their system long enough. It's like how vitamins don't work for people either unless there's already a binding agent for our bodies absorb it. Otherwise it just becomes waste. At least they're getting some form of supplements and it's #1 ingredient is mysis.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice