Ocean Clear Filters?

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am looking at a used tank that comes with 2 Ocean Clear canister filters. I had never heard of them.

Does anyone have experience or know anything about them?

fissh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I used to use them on my display tanks when I owned a LFS. They're a good filter, but you want to use your own filtering media. The main thing to look for is that the motor is working and there isn't any cracks in the housing. If it's been sitting a long time it might need O-rings. If you can get it cheap enough I'd go for it!

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
fissh said:
I used to use them on my display tanks when I owned a LFS. They're a good filter, but you want to use your own filtering media. The main thing to look for is that the motor is working and there isn't any cracks in the housing. If it's been sitting a long time it might need O-rings. If you can get it cheap enough I'd go for it!
Ha! I was beginning to think that I would not be getting a response on this question. The filters are actually in use right now. There are 2 of them on a 125 gallon drilled tank, wood stand, fluorescent lights (so I would have to buy led lights) for $500.

I am not liking the maintenance routine that I am finding online. Washing, bleaching drying the insert. If I could use my own filtering media, that appeals to me.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom