Occelaris Clowny questions

Angela_96

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got my little guy acclimated very very slowly, first I floated the bag for 30 min to reg the temp, then I put it in a containter to "drip" acclimate it. I used iv tubing where I could set the drips per min. It took 2 hours to get his water the same as mine, to turn loose.

Well I got him in the tank, 1: do they normmaly eat copods? He is going to town on them

2. he is very hyper swiming all over the tank, is that normal?:

3 what are clownys fav food, I have every type of fish food here to try for him? I have a cabinet that looks like a fishstores shelve.

4. my parameters last night were: ammonia-0-, nitrates were def less than 5 from the color, the nitrites were -0-, ph 8.2, salinity 1.023, and calcium wat a little high at 530.

5. he seems to like attention as well, everytime I get near the tank he is just right there like my cichilds do.

Matt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thats great.

It is normal for them to go "hyper" and swim around the new tank. Yes they will eat copods. Best food for my clown is Frozen Brine Shrimp made by HIKARI, they really enjoy it and it is very healthy for them. Your parameters are good. They hae a very good memory clownfish do, they remember their owner and when you stand in a certain spot they soon figure out that is the "feeding spot" so they always swim near you.

Hope All Goes Well

-Matt

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
#3. I'd switch out food, giving the fish anything it's willing to eat. This way, you'll be able to find out what its favorite food is, and you'll be changing its diet out, which is the healthiest for them.

travie

Valued Member
Reaction score
I feed NLS Ther+A, Frozen Brine Srhimp, and an occasional pea. Its good to vary the diet of any fish for optium health.

Angela_96

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
well nemo is settling down a bit. He is the only fish in the tank so he has a lot to explore. He still is snubbing the marine pellets, shrimp, and spirulla However, he was munching on copods again today and some algae.

Could he just be getting full from those?

Another thing, I don't have an anemone and he is alone, so do they need another fish w/ them to keep company? On the anemone I was lucking at bulb corals I hear they like to host that, I don't think my lighting or size tank will do well w/ an anemone, (I do have the 3 watts per gallon, but my tank is 14g, and not mature enough for an anemone).

Matt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They dont need an anemone they will host many types of other corals aswell. Yes i think he could be getting full from the copods and algae.

Hope To See Some Pics Soon

-Matt

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom