OASE Filtosmart 60 canister filter?

TheBettaSushi

Hey all! It’s been a minute since I’ve been on this site. I finally took the plunge and purchased a finnex px 360 canister filter for my tank but came across this on amazon
OASE FiltoSmart 60 canister filter
I was intrigued and was wondering if any of you are using (or have used) it. If so, how do you like it?

Also, if any of you are using (or have used) the finnex px 360, I’d like your thoughts/experience with that filter as well.
I haven’t installed mine yet as I’m waiting for some minI lily pipes to come in.
Thanks guys!

AJ34

Hey all! It’s been a minute since I’ve been on this site. I finally took the plunge and purchased a finnex px 360 canister filter for my tank but came across this on amazon
OASE FiltoSmart 60 canister filter
I was intrigued and was wondering if any of you are using (or have used) it. If so, how do you like it?

Also, if any of you are using (or have used) the finnex px 360, I’d like your thoughts/experience with that filter as well.
I haven’t installed mine yet as I’m waiting for some minI lily pipes to come in.
Thanks guys!
On

what do you think of the finnex? What size tank are you using it on? I was thinking of getting it for a 29 gallon turtle tank for additional filtration.

TheBettaSushi

On

what do you think of the finnex? What size tank are you using it on? I was thinking of getting it for a 29 gallon turtle tank for additional filtration.
I’m actually really liking the finnex. It’s extremely quiet. I’m using it on a 6 gallon tank. The filtration was way too strong so I ended up purchasing control valves to slow it down. So far so good! I think the max capacity for the finnex is 25 gallons but if you’re using another filter along with the finnex, I think it would work great.

AJ34

Thanks for all the info! What exact product did you use to reduce the flow? Do you have a top on your tank or does it have to be open for the attachments to work? Looks like the tubes would be pretty bulky. I use a reptile screen I suppose I could cut but I've never done any of this or had experience with a canister type filter set up.

TheBettaSushi

Thanks for all the info! What exact product did you use to reduce the flow? Do you have a top on your tank or does it have to be open for the attachments to work? Looks like the tubes would be pretty bulky. I use a reptile screen I suppose I could cut but I've never done any of this or had experience with a canister type filter set up.
Sorry just saw your reply. I purchased the ISTA 2 piece single tap connector control valve in 12mm off of amazon and installed one on the inflow tube and one on the outflow tube. I am using a fluval edge 6 gallon tank which comes with a permanent top and a small hole to do all my maintenance. It’s a nice looking tank but extremely frustrating to use in terms of cleaning/scaping/ etc. You can definitely cut a small hole from the screen to allow the inflow and outflow pipes to go through into the tank and in all honesty, it’s not bulky at all. I actually got sick of a hang on back filter because to me, that was much more bulky and I really couldn’t do anything inside of my tank because the filter was always in the way. I’m now using glass pipes so it takes much less space.

These are the connectors with the canister

45E08FB1-55F5-455A-8B16-91E1DBF96387.jpeg

3011EA85-55FB-4503-988F-E26C068AF1CE.jpeg

2DDC0029-4462-4B9A-9F2A-4666A5DE540F.jpeg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TheBettaSushi
Replies
Views
Brizburk
Replies