O-M-G My F/zebra danio has ITIACC! :0

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just like my title says folks! My lil girl zebra danio has ITIACC!! Will she infect the others? She eats fine! ITIACC stands for I Think I'm A Cory Cat. Lol iv never had CCs but seen them in stores, others houses, vids, pics and did allot of search on them. She seems to think she is one (I don't have any) but she swims around the bottom poking around cleaning up I guess. all Zebras including her seem healthy, happy and have been doing well. They have been very peaceful for sometime now and no bullying. Do any of your zebras do this?

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No but all of my cories do.

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Depend on the depth of your tank.
Mine do sometimes, but the depth is low.

The normally don't go down to the bottom if the tank is deep, if they do, it usually means eggs laying time.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My tank is 16'' deep. Is that deep? She seems all fine and happy, she is still a little girl, can they be in ''egg time'' if they are not fully grown? Maybe silly question but IDK. I see her swim around too and come eat up top but spends allot of time there at the bottom as well. Nothing I'm really worried about just a little curious.

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If it makes you feel better I have a cory that spends more waking time with my ram than it does with the other members of its species. It has figured out that following around a large earth mover makes it even easier to find things to eat. Still sleeps with the other cats, but dines with the ram.

Edited to add: I've never seen a zebra do as yours, but as long as she is not having difficulty swimming / feeding I'd not worry too much.

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It is a fish with a special character.
It should do fine like what Jay said.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cool, thanks guys.

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have a danio that spends quite a lot on time scurrying around the bottom it always has done, don't think it's much to worry about I just think my Danio is greedy lol

distant2nd

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have 7 danios and two leopard cory cats, and ALL the danios learned from the corys that there is food on the floor. Danios are always on the lookout for more food, but hey, they keep my gravel clean. ;D

My danios will fight for algae chips I put in for my corys too, they LOVE algae chips. It's like crack to them! My corys are bigger than them (my corys eat well lol) so they have to try to sneak around the corys and tug the algae chip away from them. Its pretty hysterical. I've learned to put 2 chips in to disperse the crowd a bit.

Right now I have a 20 gal tank, but I'm about to set up a 55 gal long, give them more play space. My danios are like little water puppies, they all know when I'm home (guess from floor vibrations) and they all wait for me by the front of the tank, wagging back and forth. Its pretty adorable ;D

brlandwehr

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Not sure who started the trend in my tank, but pretty much everybody picks at the bottom except for my Platies. My Danios do on occasion, my Swordtail and Dalmatian Molly are both big bottom-feeders (OK, the Dalmatian's just a flat-out pig). The Sword plays catch with sinking food and almost never comes to the top any more for feeding!

I honestly think it's just that they're eating machines and would eat 'til they pop if you let them.

*Hannah*

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
All my zebra danios do that after I feed them. Mine look for left over food. Sometime my betta does it too. I don't even have Cory Cats.

DrGueedo

Valued Member
Reaction score
lol i have a danio that does all that AND school with my cory. Just the weirdest think but has long he's happy i guess it ok. Well has long has it doesn't bother my cory.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's ok dear, My guppy thinks he's a cory too. Hey maybe corys are the cooler fish and all the other fish wants to be like them.arty0049:arty0049:arty0049:

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think your right! But hey a cory is a good role model so as a fishy parent I approve!

I want to upgrade my tank someday and get some cories. I think they are cool too. :sign0011:

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yep, if you can see in my thread , pretty much every fish in the tank has ITIACC (I call it ITIAKL, I Think I'm A Kuhli Loach cause it suits my tank better)...so I'll bet it's highly contagious. Danios seem to do that all the time, just to nip up tiny morsels of food.

Anyways, how different are danios from cory cats? They both have barbels, are hyper, and can be considered as subtropical fish.

ivan.tsary

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
you don't think she's hunting for eggs to eat do you? Might be able to save some fry.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Maybe! Iv been finding zebra danio babies ( eggs and swimming fry) In every water change so she's not to great of a hunter ooooor she's having her fill and there's still left overs. She's a bottom feeder wanna be

ivan.tsary

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'd be cool if my danios gave me some freebies!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads