NYC Fish Clubs?

AquaLady

Are there any fish clubs in NYC or in Staten Island? It seems no one are up on fish clubs. I'm certainty not lol. It'll be cool to join one. Is anyone out there in a fish club? Whats it like?

Butterfly

Don't know if this will help or not

Carol

AquaLady

Yes it did help. Thanks a lot carol.

Butterfly

Welcome as always! Before we moved several years ago we had been members of an aquarium club for years and loved it. We still visit when we go home.
Carol

AquaLady

I never even heard of fish clubs till I clicked the link. If there's other aqua freaks like me in my area, I would love to see what they have lol.

Butterfly

Ours(and most do) had auctions twice a year and we had access to wonderful, beautiful fish and plants at a fraction of the cost in the stores. And miracle of miracles they actually knew what they were selling and how to take care of it
carol

AquaLady

That's what I'm looking for. Good deals on things dedicated to aquaria. Where I live there's no LFS. Just major chains like petland and petsmart. And kost employees don't know jack about the fish or plants.

ravenxcore

Let me know what you find! I'm in long island

thatreefguy22

I'm a bit up state, central NY!
I'm currently doing planted tanks.

1971roadrunner

I you want you can check out Manhattan Reefs which is where I usually go but for Saltwater only. These are hardened Saltwater keepers though some of them keep a Freshwater too (usually planted Discus) and meet outside the venues to discuss this and talk shop. I never attended these outside Freshwater meetings yet I know the people well. You could attend some of the Saltwater meetings and put yourself out there as someone who would like to take part in these. Good luck .

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Surlyoldman54
Replies
Views
Fish FL
Replies
Views
ktorg
Replies
Views