Nuvo 24 tank need all the advice you can offer for corals, scaping, CUC and fish

rbtmccord

I am waffling big time on making this a Saltwater reef tank vs what I know a Freshwater planted aquarium.
So I need aquascaping ideas for making a small reef nano tank for corals and fish.
Also what corals, mushrooms, etc. to put on the reef. Like all I would like a vibrant colorful reef where I can sow frags etc and get good growth to fill the reef in. Also the best livestock for such a tank. I really like gobies, blennys, angels, clowns, damsels, fire fish etc, but do not know the best compatible ones to make a harmonious community reef tanks.
This will be my first reef tank so all help and scaping ideas from your experience will be hugely helpful.
Bob

I will get getting an Innovative Marines Nuvo 24 tank in the next couple of weeks.
Its display dimensions are 36"L x 9.5" D x 13" H
There are two returns from the filtration in the tank each about 12" in from each end.

I am leaning towards doing this as a Freshwater planted due to the expenses of a Saltwater reef tank but many have tried to convince me it will not be that much more costly. This is where your input could make the difference.
I don't have the money to do this more than once as I am retired and on a fixed budget..
Thanks

Mike

HI Bob - what kind of light does it come with? Are you planning on running a protein skimmer? You're not gonna be able to keep many fish in it, maybe one or two if you want it to be a reef tank (imo). I would stock it with maybe 2 or 3 coral species and let them grow out and fill the tank. Which ones depends mostly on the lighting.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bruxes and Bubbles
Replies
Views
stella1979
Replies
Views
stella1979
Replies
Views