Nsfw Sick Fish Please Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Lauren Couch, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Lauren Couch

Lauren CouchValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    Imgur is this columnaris? it has passed. ive lost 3 in the past 24hrs please help symptoms started 4 days and progressed this fast. carbon filter is out cleaned the tank did 100% water change added api ick cure api fungus cure marineland all-in-one and melafix oh i also added drtims to try and add some good bacteria ... 0,0,20< 76-78F carbon filter is out just running air pump treatment has been 2-3 days and has only gotten worse please help!

Attached Files:

2. GettinTanked

GettinTankedValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +62
    Experience:
    1 year
    Why is it so green?

Also, that's a crazy amount of meds to add at once.

3. OP
    OP
    Lauren Couch

Ratings:
    +8
    the green is from methylene green a treatment i put in the tank sorry about that. yes i over medicated ... just freaked out when they all suddenly started passing away. the ones that are left now are seemingly healthy other than some slight fin rot but whatever they have progresses so fast i hope one of the meds i put in the tank works Imgur Imgur heres to sick fish nsfw just before they passed.

4. GettinTanked

Ratings:
    +62
    Experience:
    1 year
    Columnaris can also result in fraying of the fins.

This fishlore post has treatment suggestions you may wish to follow: Columnaris Symptoms And Treatment

You should probably do a large water change and then run a carbon filter to remove this medication before adding anything additional. Since you took out your carbon filter and did a 100% water change already, your nitrogen cycle is probably shot unless you have a sponge filter or something. Is this your only tank? Do you know anyone with a healthy fishtank that might lend you some filter media? I'm concerned about the additional stress that new tank syndrome will cause your fish in their already weakened state.

5. OP
    OP
    Lauren Couch

Ratings:
    +8
    i added dr tims to add good bacteria

6. OP
    OP
    Lauren Couch

Ratings:
    +8
    i think ill let them sit in the medication over night as per instructions then do another tank cleaning 100% water change add dr tims and hope i cured it if not then i know what to cure it with now

7. GettinTanked

Ratings:
    +62
    Experience:
    1 year
    The medications you listed are not intended to treat Columnaris, so if that is what you have (I can't tell from these photos, but it fits the bill) it likely won't eradicate the bacteria completely. What it might do is kill some of the bacteria, leaving you with a population of resistant bacteria to then tackle after. It's not uncommon to continue to lose fish that are too far gone for up to 48 hours after the start of treatment.
    Also, Dr. Tim's will not replace your cycle. You should continue to test water parameters frequently and expect to do water changes. Dosing Seachem Prime will help as well, if you have it.

I'm sorry if any of that sounds bossy. You are, of course, entitled to do as you please and I am by no means an expert. Just pointing out some things I learned when my own fish was sick a couple of weeks ago and I did extensive research. Hope they'll be ok!

8. OP
    OP
    Lauren Couch

Ratings:
    +8
    ok thank you i do have sechem prime