1. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Went the LFS the other day, and they had these guys ;3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only $30. I was pretty surprised!

2. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Pshh those are babies ;D

3. Shine Well Known Member Member

Maybe someone brought back fish that had outgrown their tanks ;)

On the plus side maybe seeing those plecos will keep a couple people from buying the 2 inch ones for their 10 gallons... assuming anyone is rational these days :rolleyes:

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Those *gourami's* are babies :giggle:

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

No lol, they got 'em from the supplier. This is a good LFS. The prices are too high for any noob to buy anything from. Too bad, though. It totally trumps the nasty Pet Supermarket across the street! New fish owners could learn a thing or two from this store!

6. gourami88 Member Member

I think this shows us how irrattional you are :;hug2 Although I wish it werent so.

7. Shine Well Known Member Member

You'd be right.... except for one thing-- Sarcasm is my friend! :p

8. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

how big are they?

9. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Smallest one was about 11 inches. Most were 12-15 :)

10. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

wow, very impressive. i think they're cute

11. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh my gosh, right?? I wanted to kid nap one LOL Too bad most of them are bigger than my current tank :rolleyes:

12. callofduty Member Member

Would love to have one that size.

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Get a really big tank? :p

14. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I'll have to take a couple pictures of the ones we have at work. There are 3-4 of them that are 18"-24" long. They are like 5" across. They are NUTS. They are in our pond they are so big. They look like dinosaurs.

15. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I want a Common and Sailfin for my 650 gallon pond I'm planning. I might just go with a Sailfin, though. I'm not sure LOL Both are the same price for 4 inchers at PetSmart. Its a tough choice :p

16. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

You could totally do both!

17. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I'm seriously thinking about it LOL I'd have to put lots of terra cotta pots and some driftwood at the bottom so that they don't get too bratty with each other, and I'd have to buy them at the same time so that they grew up with each other, but those are minor technical difficulties lol Besides, the goldfish would like the pots and wood too!

18. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

My thoughts exactly! The pleco in my 125 is about a foot long. Largest I've ever rehomed was one that grew to almost 2 feet and was a good 6 inches across the head. There was no net large enough for that monster! Had to catch him bare handed, and I suck at that.

19. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Dena :eek:

20. ScottsTanks Well Known Member Member

I was hoping for some cool lookin plecos. My lfs had a royal, a green phantom, and a snowball pleco