now this is just ridiculous

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
it is bad enough that bettas are kept in tiny cups and bowls, but another lfs has found a way to make it worse. at ocean floor (arizona) they decided it would be a good idea to not only put bettas in tiny cups, they would also stick a 3inch long piece of bamboo in the water with them. Why? I don't know. It is bad enough that the non-display bettas have tails the width of a pencil and struggle to breath, but come on! the only betta that seemed happy was a female inside a bowl like thing that looked half as small as those wall mounted bowls, and the only reason she seemed content was because she was so young and tiny, probably a few months old. these are bad enough, but the one they had was accupied by two bamboo sticks... I wasn't even sure if there was a betta inside at first.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's horrible. I'm starting to not even be surprised to hear of all the cruel things people do to Bettas. :'(

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would call them and complain but they simply don't care. It is not a franchise and they make most of their money from aquarium accessories.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Call them anyway. At least they'll see that there's someone out there who cares. Maybe if enough people start complaining it will make an impact.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ugh, I will probly have to do it face to face since I can't find there number anywhere.. did I mention they sell dyed fish?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How cruel and selfish can a person be???
Walmart sells dyed fish too.

Do they have a website? If so there's probably contact info there.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I searched for a couple hours and I have yet to find a website. I only found out about them through some posters the local petstore put up.

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
0morrokh said:
Call them anyway. At least they'll see that there's someone out there who cares. Maybe if enough people start complaining it will make an impact.
Let me have the number (if you can post it here, not sure about that...IM me if you can't or email me with the number and I'll call them and complain...NO PROBLEM

Edited to say I just noticed from your post gammerus that you don't know the number. Have you tried calling information (1411) using the business name and address to get the number?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Customer service is: 1-800- WAL- MART (1-800- 925-6278)

I am not recommending this action but simply supplying the information.

Rose

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the store named Ocean Floor though?

Oh, I see. Someone mentioned Walmart. Very nice of you Rose just the same

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've seen those. There is barely enough room for them to swim and turn around to go the other direction let alone put a plant in it. Those poor bettas. > Natalie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom