Nothing going well here

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It's been a tough week in the life of Tigerfishy's fish family...

Since Monday, we have had: 1. Mars ballooning to the biggest I have ever seen a fish get with his last stages of Dropsy. His scales will rise in the next couple of days, and then the clove oil will be carried with me at all times. He is now so big that his belly has turned white when before, he was a solid vibrant red all over. He still made us a bubblenest over Mon & Tue, so he;s being a very brave little soldier.

2. I have lost 3 guppy fry this week. 2 mysterious deaths, one was found behind the filter, but I am not convinced this is the cause of death. The tank's water has always been perfect, regular water changes, regular feedings, etc, etc, so now I am down to 3 fry.

3. The above mentioned fry tank has stopped eating. Finny, who was in there to reduce competition for food while he was recovering has totally given up, and after initially getting stronger and getting his little belly back, is now so skinny he curves inwards... The neon tetra is the only one eating and seems OK thus far I think. They fry again are not coming up for food, I may have to get them in the breeder boxes to make it obvious when food comes into them again.

4. Draconis' new tank has a mini-cycle. I puthim in a new tank to give all my bettas some more room, and put cycledfilter media in the filter I was using. Despite this media keeping the tank cycled since forever (it's a well used filter lol), it has now decided that a tank (the same size as it has filtered for forever) is too much bother and stopped being efficient. There is some ammonia, no nitrites and 5 nitrates as always, but from the test results, I know it's only a mini cycle and should be over soon with all these water changes. If I smell Prime once more, I think I'll be sick haha!!

5. My birthday is coming up soon and I do not think my very first betta (Mars)will make it that far. My worst fear is having to euth him on that day, but I have to put his wellbeing first. It's not about me, it's about him. He got me into betta owning, now I have 5 and it's the last I know him to keep him as happy & healthyas I can, and not drag it out if he is suffering...

So, as you can see, good times all round, eh!! Just when everything had settled down as well. It's always the way
I needed to let it out and at least I know all you guys understand.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning TigerFishy,

Hang in there. I know how sad it is when we lose our beloved fish. I know you're a good fish Mom and you'll do what you have to do if and when the time comes.

We are here when you need us Wishing all of your fish the best!

Ken

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so sorry about your fish
Imo, the weather changes are rough on our babies. I don't know if water companies start making adjustments or it's the weather it's self.
Either way, it stinks to lose a fish baby.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hang in there, Tigerfishy! We're all behind you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
From one Gemini to another, :console:

-Lisa

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lol Lisa, it's a good connection, I'm harnessing all the energy haha!!

Thanks guys, sometimes we need a bit of a rant and to write it all down. I always hope for the best in all situations, but as we all know, it's hard at times...

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for sharing this with us, Tigerfishy. We're here for you. :console: Hope everything gets better, will hope for miracles! Hang in there *hugs!*

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm so sorry Tigerfishy! :console:

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
<hugs>

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hope you and your fishies pull through! We're all behind you.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads