Not Tired, Just Unamazed At This Point.

Aqua Hands
So, as some of you guys probably saw (No one actually did, just wanna boost my spirits ) I went on a... lets say vacation. I stepped away from my fish tanks and just relaxed this summer. THIS doesn't mean maintenance didn't happen. It just wasn't as extreme as before. I would consider myself a cleaning freak for my tanks. ANYways, I think I really jumped into too deep to quickly. what I mean is I have a 125g saltwater tank. YAY, you would think... its an algae magnet, I did blackouts, protein skimmer is overpowered for the tank, I've tried turning light levels down, everything, EVEN UV. Lets just say I'm not impressed. Any Ideas for my 10 gallon tank? I want to make a new FRESH idea, I want shrimp. BUT, I don't want to use the current scape any ideas, ill finish later

WinterSoldier.
I am just curious but what are the videos of? And are you doing a fresh or salt water water tank

Aqua Hands
I am just curious but what are the videos of? And are you doing a fresh or salt water water tank
The signature is of A coral opening (Can't remember which one), and the other is of one eating.

I have a 10 gallon Freshwater- 1 panda cory (Little sucker is almost impossible to catch with out taking every little stone out.)
- 2 Singapore Flower Shrimp

My brothers 20 gallon that is completely messed up stocking wise but I get the old "Its his tank let him be"

A 10 gallon salt QT

A 29 gallon Biocube Reef
-2 ClarkiI Clowns
-2 coral catfish (Growing for the 125g since I have an eel)
-3 Scooter blennies (1BM/1RF/BF)
-1 Green Spotted Mandarin
-1 Bicolor Blenny
-Camel Shrimp
-Cleaner Shrimp

GSP
Waving hands
Hairy mushrooms
Torch
Hammer (Split into 6 heads in like 2 months. Reef Roids Baby)

I feed mysis, Vitachem, and Pellets. I use Phytoplakton Reef Roids 30 gallon nano, and My own Home grown ""gut fed" Copepods.
I like to say this is my tank but it really isn't. I don't have any personal tanks at this point. My family does as they please and buy what they want with out research etc.

125g Same food without phyto and reef roids
stocked with
-1 Humu Trigger
-1 Yellow tang
-1 snowflake

Aqua Hands
stella1979 Culprit any ideas? I also haven't bought corals since I spend the $150 on the hippo tang that died. kinda dried out my bank acc.

Culprit
So are yuo starting a new 10 gallon tank? I know a few people that have ventured into big tanks, and realized they prefer nanos. I think nanos are a lot of fun, and lots easier/cheaper imothen big tanks.

stella1979
Hey there AH. Hmmm, not sure what you're asking... The 10 gallon that you mentioned a FRESH idea & shrimp for, will this be FW? If so, I'm not really your girl there. Though I'd like to claim more knowledge on the subject, I really can't.

If however, you want to make it salty, I might suggest some RFA's and sexy shrimp.

Pescado_Verde
Betta's are nice, have you tried a Betta?

Aqua Hands
So are yuo starting a new 10 gallon tank? I know a few people that have ventured into big tanks, and realized they prefer nanos. I think nanos are a lot of fun, and lots easier/cheaper imothen big tanks.
I'm not going to lie, I would max out at 75 gallon at the most.
I just hate how... complicatedly simple large tanks are. There is no challenge setting them up (atleast for me). you just have to move it. My biocube I worry about salinity, tempeture, corals, fish, inverts, filtration, pump failure. But my 125g just seems plug and play. the most DIY I did was a lighting stand.

Aqua Hands
Hey there AH. Hmmm, not sure what you're asking... The 10 gallon that you mentioned a FRESH idea & shrimp for, will this be FW? If so, I'm not really your girl there. Though I'd like to claim more knowledge on the subject, I really can't.

If however, you want to make it salty, I might suggest some RFA's and sexy shrimp.

Actually I would like help with my copepod "hotel" if you don't mind.

stella1979
Hmmm, I have no experience with pod hotels... I've seen some though and wonder if we're talking about the same thing. What I've seen are small containers that have very small openings, allowing pods in and out, and nothing else. Is this what you mean? I think if I got one of those, I'd try to get some very small rubble and perhaps a bit of chaeto inside. This would give pods a place that they would instinctually colonize and breed in since the rubble and chaeto are what we might find in a natural habitat.

Aqua Hands
Hmmm, I have no experience with pod hotels... I've seen some though and wonder if we're talking about the same thing. What I've seen are small containers that have very small openings, allowing pods in and out, and nothing else. Is this what you mean? I think if I got one of those, I'd try to get some very small rubble and perhaps a bit of chaeto inside. This would give pods a place that they would instinctually colonize and breed in since the rubble and chaeto are what we might find in a natural habitat.
What do you think about my either over flow being a big one? Basically Rubble and chaeto galore. Maybe stuff like biomedia too?

stella1979
Not sure what tank we're talking about here, but I'll assume you're speaking of a chamber in your BioCube. Sure, if you have a chamber available, you could put bagged media at the bottom, then rubble, then chaeto. This would be like a pod hotel, in that it's a safe space for them to live and breed away from fish.

Of course, if you are trying to increase the number of pods in your tank, you might want to look into buying some as well as some good pod food like phtyo. Personally, I'd prefer to get it all from Algae Barn, but I've also heard good things about Reef Nutrition. Orrrr... you could set up your own cultures.

Aqua Hands
Not sure what tank we're talking about here, but I'll assume you're speaking of a chamber in your BioCube. Sure, if you have a chamber available, you could put bagged media at the bottom, then rubble, then chaeto. This would be like a pod hotel, in that it's a safe space for them to live and breed away from fish.

Of course, if you are trying to increase the number of pods in your tank, you might want to look into buying some as well as some good pod food like phtyo. Personally, I'd prefer to get it all from Algae Barn, but I've also heard good things about Reef Nutrition. Orrrr... you could set up your own cultures.
I like that idea! But I was talking about my 125g Sorry I didnt clarify

stella1979
Hrmm, well I have no experience with big tanks. However, we can probably figure this out together if you can share some pics and/or share more about the setup of the 125g.

Aqua Hands
Hrmm, well I have no experience with big tanks. However, we can probably figure this out together if you can share some pics and/or share more about the setup of the 125g.
will do! I'll share them later as i'm not home right now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NC122606
Replies
Views
Aqua Hands
Replies
Views
Culprit
Replies
Views