Not sure why this is happening to my plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by robisa86, Aug 5, 2015.

1. r

robisa86 New Member Member

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum, so I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I have a 60l tank with 4 corydoras in it, one small cat fish and a tiny loach. The set up has been going since January this year and all has been going well until now. My plants have been establised for a few months and all seemed well. I use Floragrow CO2 once a day and Fosfo once per week as I had been advised. Recently I have noticed that the leaves on my plants have started to yellow, go see through and just the veins of the leaf are left intact. Could anyone please advise me as to what I'm doing wrong? I've attached some pictures.

Many thanks,

Sarah

IMG_0837.jpg IMG_0838.jpg

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore! :)
    The plants that you have look like some swords. Swords are heavy root feeders so they benefit from root tabs. Maybe some root tabs would work. What type of lighting do you have and how long is it on for?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. LeoDiaz

LeoDiaz Fishlore VIP Member

By any chance do you have a pleco?mine use rasp on the delicate leaves of my amazon swords and damage them like the ones in your pics. Btw welcome.

4. OP
    OP
    r

robisa86 New Member Member

Hi I do have a pleco and actually, thinking about it, it seems to have happened more since I got him. Is there anything I can do about it or do I just need to get hardier plants?

I will try the root tabs as well though to see... I have a power glo lamp in my tank - I was advised that it was good for planted tanks. The light is probably on for around 12 hours a day, from when I get up, until I go to bed, so actually maybe 15 hours.

5. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

What kind of pleco do you have and Do you feed your pleco? The root tabs would work

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. NicoFord

NicoFord Valued Member Member

Yellow leaves also indicate potassium is needed for the plants, if its not the Pleco it could be that. Seachem makes a good potassium liquid fert

Sent from my VS840 4G using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice