Not Sure Where To Put This

  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey y’all. I want to say thank you for all the great advice and opinions. I’m still going to check in from time to time but listening to wrong info being given is heartbreaking. The forum rules should be a daily pop up I think. If you don’t KNOW something without a shadow of a doubt, don’t tell someone to do it. Some of us are totally attached to their pets. Finned feathered or furred.
When I need info, I’ll be checking the aquarium forum. I love this forum.

Thank you everybody. Hugs
 

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,630
Reaction score
6,172
Points
658
Experience
More than 10 years
Gypsy13 said:
Hey y’all. I want to say thank you for all the great advice and opinions. I’m still going to check in from time to time but listening to wrong info being given is heartbreaking. The forum rules should be a daily pop up I think. If you don’t KNOW something without a shadow of a doubt, don’t tell someone to do it. Some of us are totally attached to their pets. Finned feathered or furred.
When I need info, I’ll be checking the aquarium forum. I love this forum.

Thank you everybody. Hugs
I understand how you feel. But if the people that know and truly care about keeping fish long term leave, that gives greater voice to those with volume and little substance.

Please stick around...Pretty please
How about a nice lily as a bribe

IMG_4345 copy.0.jpg
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
Thunder_o_b said:
I understand how you feel. But if the people that know and truly care about keeping fish long term leave, that gives greater voice to those with volume and little substance.

Please stick around...Pretty please
How about a nice lily as a bribe

IMG_4345 copy.0.jpg
That’s not fair! Not only a lily but a purple lily? You cheat!
Ok. For you I will keep trying.
Thank you.
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you all.
 

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,630
Reaction score
6,172
Points
658
Experience
More than 10 years
YAY! :;bananawater
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,099
Reaction score
13,207
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
Point is what info is wrong and what is right. We're talking about keeping living animals and therefor advising about things can be quite challenging and oftrn is based on a small amount of info (sonetines even wrong info)

When fish or animals in general die or don't get better, was the advice wrong? Mwaaa I doubt that.

What is bothering me is diagnosing all kinds of dreadful diseases ( Neon Tetra Disease or TB ) in an eyeblink, scaring the OP often without any need.

Lots of people try to help and get some of consensus about things and the treatment.
If it doesn't work out it is a shame but not always wrong and definitely not on purpose.

Stay around !
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
DoubleDutch said:
Point is what info is wrong and what is right. We're talking about keeping living animals and therefor advising about things can be quite challenging and oftrn is based on a small amount of info (sonetines even wrong info)

When fish or animals in general die or don't get better, was the advice wrong? Mwaaa I doubt that.

What is bothering me is diagnosing all kinds of dreadful diseases ( Neon Tetra Disease or TB ) in an eyeblink, scaring the OP often without any need.

Lots of people try to help and get some of consensus about things and the treatment.
If it doesn't work out it is a shame but not always wrong and definitely not on purpose.

Stay around !
I understand. This is one thing that gets to me though. There’s very little info posted. A not very good pic of the fish. Then someone says sounds/looks like parasites, fungus etc. When sometimes all they need to do is clean up the environment for the fish. I’m not going to tell someone I know all there is to know cause I don’t. But some of us don’t see it as a shame to lose a pet. Sometimes it’s devastating.
But, I bow to better judgement. Besides, I’ve been bribed by a water lily. A PURPLE water lily! Some people don’t play fair at all!
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
Thunder_o_b said:
You are SO not right! And where do I get a dancing banana? :smug:
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,099
Reaction score
13,207
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
Hahahaha, Thunder is baddddd
 
  • Moderator

Coradee

Moderator
Messages
17,716
Reaction score
5,203
Points
808
Experience
More than 10 years
Gypsy13 said:
You are SO not right! And where do I get a dancing banana? :smug:
HI Gypsy, in the reply box go to smilies, then Old smiles, the dancing bananas are there
 

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,630
Reaction score
6,172
Points
658
Experience
More than 10 years
Gypsy13 said:
You are SO not right! And where do I get a dancing banana? :smug:
^
 

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,630
Reaction score
6,172
Points
658
Experience
More than 10 years

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Messages
11,223
Reaction score
10,589
Points
758
Experience
More than 10 years
I too understand what you are saying and feeling. All we can do is try our best to answer their questions.

My biggest problem is there seems to be a lack of reading comprehension. Oh well, thus is life.

I am glad Thunder_o_b bribed you in to staying with that beautiful Purple Lily
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
19,099
Reaction score
13,207
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
mattgirl said:
I too understand what you are saying and feeling. All we can do is try our best to answer their questions.

My biggest problem is there seems to be a lack of reading comprehension. Oh well, thus is life.

I am glad Thunder_o_b bribed you in to staying with that beautiful Purple Lily
Maybe he has another color in stock for you
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
Coradee said:
HI Gypsy, in the reply box go to smilies, then Old smiles, the dancing bananas are there
:;bananawater I think I did it! :joyful:
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
DoubleDutch said:
Maybe he has another color in stock for you
Like maybe aquamarine blue? Huh? Huh?
 

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Messages
11,223
Reaction score
10,589
Points
758
Experience
More than 10 years
Gypsy13 said:
Like maybe aquamarine blue? Huh? Huh?
hehehehe, how did you know my favorite color is blue :;bananahi
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
mattgirl said:
hehehehe, how did you know my favorite color is blue :;bananahi
:;bananaguitarMine was only purple but since Momma passed, my new fave is my birthstone.
 
  • Thread starter

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,648
Reaction score
3,131
Points
298
Experience
More than 10 years
Ever listened to SirI describe the dancing bananas?
 

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Messages
11,223
Reaction score
10,589
Points
758
Experience
More than 10 years
Gypsy13 said:
Ever listened to SirI describe the dancing bananas?
no, but I bet it is interesting. The one I posted was waving at you
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom