Not Sure Where To Put This

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Gypsy13, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Fishlore VIP Member

Hey y’all. I want to say thank you for all the great advice and opinions. I’m still going to check in from time to time but listening to wrong info being given is heartbreaking. The forum rules should be a daily pop up I think. If you don’t KNOW something without a shadow of a doubt, don’t tell someone to do it. Some of us are totally attached to their pets. Finned feathered or furred.
    When I need info, I’ll be checking the aquarium forum. I love this forum.

Thank you everybody. Hugs:)

2. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

I understand how you feel. But if the people that know and truly care about keeping fish long term leave, that gives greater voice to those with volume and little substance.

Please stick around...Pretty please :)
    How about a nice lily as a bribe :)

IMG_4345 copy.0.jpg

3. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

That’s not fair! Not only a lily but a purple lily? You cheat!
    Ok. For you I will keep trying.
    Thank you. :)

4. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

Thank you all. :)

5. Thunder_o_b

YAY! :;bananawater

6. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Point is what info is wrong and what is right. We're talking about keeping living animals and therefor advising about things can be quite challenging and oftrn is based on a small amount of info (sonetines even wrong info)

When fish or animals in general die or don't get better, was the advice wrong? Mwaaa I doubt that.

What is bothering me is diagnosing all kinds of dreadful diseases ( Neon Tetra Disease or TB ) in an eyeblink, scaring the OP often without any need.

Lots of people try to help and get some of consensus about things and the treatment.
    If it doesn't work out it is a shame but not always wrong and definitely not on purpose.

Stay around !

7. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

I understand. This is one thing that gets to me though. There’s very little info posted. A not very good pic of the fish. Then someone says sounds/looks like parasites, fungus etc. When sometimes all they need to do is clean up the environment for the fish. I’m not going to tell someone I know all there is to know cause I don’t. But some of us don’t see it as a shame to lose a pet. Sometimes it’s devastating.
    But, I bow to better judgement. Besides, I’ve been bribed by a water lily. A PURPLE water lily! Some people don’t play fair at all!
    :)

8. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

You are SO not right! And where do I get a dancing banana? :smug:

9. DoubleDutch

Hahahaha, Thunder is baddddd

10. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Gypsy, in the reply box go to smilies, then Old smiles, the dancing bananas are there

11. Thunder_o_b

:) ^

12. Thunder_o_b

;)

13. mattgirl

mattgirl Fishlore VIP Member

I too understand what you are saying and feeling. All we can do is try our best to answer their questions.

My biggest problem is there seems to be a lack of reading comprehension. Oh well, thus is life. :)

I am glad @Thunder_o_b bribed you in to staying with that beautiful Purple Lily :D

14. DoubleDutch

Maybe he has another color in stock for you

15. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

:;bananawater I think I did it! :joyful:

16. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

Like maybe aquamarine blue? Huh? Huh?

17. mattgirl

hehehehe, how did you know my favorite color is blue :;bananahi

18. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

:;bananaguitarMine was only purple but since Momma passed, my new fave is my birthstone.

19. OP
    OP
    Gypsy13

Ever listened to Siri describe the dancing bananas?
    :confused:

20. mattgirl

no, but I bet it is interesting. The one I posted was waving at you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice