Not sure whats wrong with my betta...

Emily1234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, my betta has something wrong with his fin (I think). He hardly uses it and it is gone white near his body, any ideas? I will try and get a picture soon.

Thanks for any advice
Emily

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
HI Emily,

Not sure without a pic, but for now, a daily 20-30% water change with Stress Coat & Vita-Chem (If you can find it) will be beneficial. If it's a fin issue, clean water is very good.

Get us a pic if you can, but the water changes will do him no harm for now.

Emily1234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks I have been doing daily water changes anyway (I had fry in the tank), but today I moved him to his own tank. It has been like this for around a month and gradually getting worse I think...
oh and is nutrfin aqua plus a stress coat?

Here is a couple of pics:

Attachments

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hmmm, at first glance, I'd say that was just part of his natural coloring, but you say it's gotten worse? One other thing I noticed is his fins are kinda jagged in that 3rd pic. My sister's betta's fins are like that. IDK what's causing it, but maybe that is part of the problem?

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It does look like his natural colour (and just like my poor Mars). However, it may not be getting "worse" per se, it may be that the colour is just getting whiter. I had a betta Neptune, that had some white under his chin, and this got whiter with time. This was normal for him, so maybe it is normal for you...

Emily1234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I hope its normal but he hardly uses his fin and its a lump, and it has gotten worse... As for his other fin I think its just the way the picture was taken as he is in the corner of the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads