Not sure what to do

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’ve had my 6 rasboras in the tank for 2 weeks now, and I can tell who’s who at this point too. The only blue variation is hanging behind the filter in the dark all day, at least for two days. They don’t school during the day but everyone else moves around the tank more, this one stays in place. I think my guppy chases it, too, but he doesn’t chase anyone else. At night they school so I always make sure they’re all schooling (and not sick). Tonight at 10 pm when I went to bed, blue was schooling. Then at 330 am when I woke up and checked on them, blue is back behind the filter. Not schooling. The rest are.

I’ve had a feeling this fish just isn’t okay for two days now, although he has nothing on his body to show disease. I kind of want to humanly euth right now, because there could be issues if there was a dead fish in my tank, and I don’t want it hurting my other fish.

Assuming I can catch it, would you remove it?

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would take him or her out of the tank as it may be infected with internal parasite that can't be seen the other fish are at risk if u don't take the fish out I am sorry cheers john

OP
UnknownUser

UnknownUser

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I removed him. He barely even swam away. I realize it’s “sleep time” but you’d think a healthy fish would fight against a net, right?

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
a health fish would avoid the net if he was easy to catch it is very sick u did the right thing getting him out the tank I would recommend getting some indian almond leafs for your tank cheers john

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom