not sure what this algae eater is....

Kanadian

Reaction score
ok I had a customer at work offer me this giant algae eater and i'm not sure what it is I wish I had a dig cam so I could post a pic.. but its like dark green body and has a bristled nose and looks similar to an siamese algae eater in body style any thoughts as to what it could be a or even if anyone knows a site that may have pics of somethign that sounds similar to this?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Browse through planet catfish under ancistrus. Bristlenose are in this family and that sounds like what it is. How giant is it?
Carol

OP
K

Kanadian

Reaction score
he's 9inches long and around his head is like a 4 inch girth and around his tail is an 1 1/2 inch girth

OP
K

Kanadian

Reaction score
I don't think so cause he's shaped more like a siamese algae eater in body style..... and has like bristles or sponge like nose and a pointed forhead he's really ugly lol but yet sweet looking! ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Pictures!! Pictures!!! We need pictures!! LOL
Carol

OP
K

Kanadian

Reaction score
lol I would if I could but I don't have a digital cam or any camera for that matter :-[

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
any chance of borrowing a camera or someones camera phone?! we'd love to see this beast of a fish! sounds fantastic!! if I lived near you i'd have a go at snapping it for you (and my pics are really fuzzy but better than nowt!!)lol
tan

New Threads