Not sure what kind of snails these are

Toria165

I have acquired a 10 gallon shrimp tank that seems over run with snails. The more I trap the more I have. I’m not sure if I have trumpet snails or bladder snails or....I just don’t know. Also, there are little tiny egg sacks or tiny snails on the walls, filter, heater etc. I’ve tried mushing the little things on the glass but it doesn’t make a dent In them. I’ve had the tank about a month, I’ve barely fed unless I was trapping. The shrimp seem fine but not seeing any babies, there might be 14 cherries. I’ve inclosed pics. Any help is appreciated!
0986F259-CA03-44B6-A9A6-1EE2CAEEDBE0.jpeg
B54BF100-E4D4-4069-B896-983AE4908E88.jpeg
C62B2C78-134E-47CC-B331-34F176742086.jpeg

MissNoodle

I want to say they're trumpet snails. They will keep your substrate aerated and clean

Toria165

I want to say they're trumpet snails. They will keep your substrate aerated and clean
I have a feeling they are too but wow there’s so many and all the little tiny ones. They are everywhere

Thedudeiam94

Bladder snails they’re pest snails unless you don’t Ming seeing a lot of them. Pros they will keep the tank clean cons they will mass produce like crazy but they’re are many solutions to thinning their numbers later.

esperanza0719

I’ve heard the product “No Planaria” works well to kill off any pest snails and won’t harm your shrimp population. If you do decide to use it however, be prepared to stay on top of water changes because your ammonia will spike with all of the dead snails. If you don’t use it, you have a new snail clean up crew; seems like a win-win to me!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Sarahboone811
  • Snails
Replies
Views
KingOscar
  • bettas&cories
  • Snails
Replies
Views
bettas&cories
  • Question