Not Sure If The Fish I Have Are Compatible

1. esteban1126 Initiate Member

I have a 29 gallon tank and i have a channel catfish, red tail shark, two angel fish, and a small tilapia i got from a pond there all the same size about a inch.
  2. abheeshs Member Member

Wow! Great combo... Keep watching them to make sure... Also the tilapia may grow faster than the others.

3. esteban1126 Initiate Member

Thanks I had another tilapia that was bigger but had to remove him because he was bullying the rest and didn't let them eat.
  4. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

Um. You have some stocking issues. Be patient and an expert will be along to guide you. Good luck, your red tail shark is going to outgrow your tank rather quickly I'm afraid. Welcome to fishlore!

5. scarface Well Known Member Member

29g is too small for channels. I'm pretty sure the rest get too big as well, but not sure on that.
  6. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

Yes, I believe channel catfish will grow quite huge. Like hundreds of gallons huge... but the OP may have plans for this...
  7. toolman Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Your gonna need a bigger tank!

8. esteban1126 Initiate Member

I do know that most of my fish will outgrow the tank. Im saving up for a bigger tank and i do know the catfish will get to big so im planning on giving it to my cousin who has a pond.