Not sure if one of my fish in my guppy tank is a guppy?

Bettafishgov

Reaction score
The title is gonna make me sound like I don't know anything about fish but I promise I do, but here's a little back story so you understand why I would be confused:
A few months ago I worked at pet smart for about 6 months, during that time we had fry in one of our plants tanks that where getting thrown around by the filters and weren't getting fed daily like they where supposed to. So me being somewhat new to the hobby I took them home and put them in my pre cycled 10 gallon tank I set up about 2 months prior. They have been growing great but recently I noticed one of my babies, oscar, has been picking on the others. Just recently I noticed how different his body shape is compared to the others, so I'm worried he might in fact be maybe a molly? But I'm really unsure and don't know if I should move him out of the 10 gallon for the sake of my other guppies (who I know for a FACT are guppies) below are pictures of him and also a comparison to my other guppies in my tank.

Also please ignore my ugly plants, I cut them to short this week during my water change :/

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your pictures did not load. But If the fish is that much of a bully, it should probobly be seporated. It could possibly been any species from a near by tank. do you remember what species were near by?

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom