Not Sure If My Fish Has Ick

chealy2001

Reaction score
hello I recently got 3 honey gourami. I have 6 neon tetras aswell. I’ve had them for about 2 weeks. My ph is normal at around 7, I have no nitrates. My tank temperature is 27 degrees. The last time I got my ammonia checked was 2 weeks ago and it was zero. I do 2 water changes a week so my tank is well maintained.

But however I noticed that one of my honey gourami has a white thing on its head, it is also pale than the others. I have been trying to get a picture of it but it is slightly awkward so this is the best I could do. It also seems to be weaker than the others in its swimming. I’m not sure if this is some indication of ick or perhaps it just has some colour distortion. Also it has been feeding well: Please let me know if you can help in anyway!

Also one of my neon tetras seems to be paler then the others. It’s colour comes back though not sure if that’s an indication of anything either

Attachments

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It doesn’t really look like ich to me. Could he have bumped it on something? As far as the tetra, it is normal for them to pale out at night or if startled

chealy2001

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, think I’m a bit paranoid, I will leave it and see if any other symptoms develop. Thanks for your reassurance

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom