Not Really Help Needed, More Stocking Idea.

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello all!

This is my idea for a possible future 29g setup. Although the stocking is still a bit of a work in progress this is my general plan for the tank. Some fish could go but on aqadvisor it feels like I could shove 6000 fish in the thing. Right now I only have a 10g so maybe it just seems so big. I don't know, feel free to reply and give suggestions. It does feel a bit overstocked. Thanks in advance!

:emoji_slight_smile:

Filter: Aquaclear 70

36x 12x 16x (29.9g)

Fish (For now)

6x Netrite Snail
20x Neon Tetras (Always wanted a somewhat large school)
10x Black Neon Tetras
7x Zebra Danio
3x Sunburst Wag Platy
1x Dwarf Gourami (CenterpieceISH)

111% Filtration
%40 Water Change
%108 Stocking

Ya it really does seem overstocked if I will get rid of fish will probably be the Zebras or some of the Neons. I know the magic number is %70 - %85. Even if the water changes are alot I have nothing to do in the week so it could be stimulating and give me something to do. Thanks again!

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
30gals is about good for 2 mid/top dwelling schoolers, one school of bottom dwellers, and then a center piece fish (gourami).

I suggest you look into the temperature requirements for the schooling fish you want to keep and pic only 2 species. I know that the dwarf gourami seems to like warmer water whereas the platties, zebra danios, and neons like cooler temps. Not sure on the black neons though. I'd personally not keep live bearers with sedate fish such as gourami, they are too active and can often pick at the gourami.

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok, so should I get rid of the Dwarf Gorami do you think? Maybe the zebras also? Any other ideas on a simple centerpiece fish of the tank? Thanks!

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So how does this sound for a start?

6x Netrite Snail
20x Neon Tetra
10x Black Neon Tetras
3x Sunburst Wag Platy

This puts:

Filtration: %151
Water Changes: %30
Stocking: %86

So yeah I think that this is in the sorta magic number area and would be a good start. I might add shrimp (RCS) although the platys may eat them. Thank you guys!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom