Not my week for fish

janoue
Got up this morning. Went to feed Zed my Red to discover he had passed. So I've lost Ziggy and Zed in a little under a week and a half. I must say I was not pleased. He seemed so healthy!!!! And on my birthday too. I called me husband at work. He's all sad now too because he would come home from work and rush to see what Zed was doing because Zed was in our living room. And my 3 year old loved him so much. She was not a happy camper when I went and woke her up this morning to tell her Zed had died. We have ALOT of fish and anyone who comes into the house always asks here "which fish is yours?" and she always runs to Zed and says " Zed is my fish. " So I guess I gotta go find another red betta cause my baby girl is soooooooooo sad. Every morning she checks on Zed, and then she goes into my office and checks on W and Joey. I will probally go out and get her a new betta and let her keep it in her room. A girl after my own heart. (My other daughter has a Shark named Flora! Real scary name for a shark!!) ta

COBettaCouple
Awww, she's adorable and we're sorry you lost Zed. :'(

Blub
Hi!

Oh no! Poor little Zed. Maybe he just passed his time - you know - just got old. With you around he was certinatly a happy Betta. And at least Ziggy's last few days where happy ones.;D

LuvaBetta
I'm so sorry you lost your buds.

How old were Zed and Red? Do you have any idea what caused this?

Drea
My condolences to you and your fam...that's tough to lose 2 betta buddies.:'(

Allie
I feel for you. I lost 2 the same week last fall. Not fun.

Tazmiche
Oh i'm really sorry to hear that. Losing one is horrid enough but 2.

janoue
Zed the Red(that was his whole name not two different fish) I had him for 8 months. Ziggy I had for 6 days But I will be going out for shampoo again soon because I have to get Sydney a red betta lol. Poor things taken to her bed all morning crying just as hard as she can cry.

Tazmiche
Zed the Red(that was his whole name not two different fish) I had him for 8 months. Ziggy I had for 6 days But I will be going out for shampoo again soon because I have to get Sydney a red betta lol. Poor things taken to her bed all morning crying just as hard as she can cry.

Oh the poor little girl, that breaks my heart. :'( I'm sure the eyes of her new betta will help the tears stop !!

Blub
Hi!

Now... You go get some shampoo - NOW!

Poot little girl and Betta... I never thought a little kid lik that would get so sad about a fish. She will be a really nice person - she already has a kind heart.

chickadee
Well that did it for me, now I am crying too. I cannot stand the thought of that poor little one being upset over this fish's death. She needs a Zed Jr. I am just like her I cannot stand the thought of an empty tank. Besides if the tank sits empty for too long it will have to be recycled.

Please let us know when you make a "shampoo" run. We will be anxiously waiting. Give your little one a hug from us.

Rose

LuvaBetta
Let your little one help pick out the new boy, she'll love the idea of "rescuing" her fish!

Each of these "just fish" change your life at least a little, don't they? And usually a LOT!
(I hope) they make us just that much kinder and soft-hearted.

gammerus
That is retched. I know I was very sad when my first betta Autumn died. He was the coolest betta ever, and if I had it my way he would be the only betta I ever owned... but sadly bettas just don't live that long, and he past after a good long 5yrs.

Tazmiche
gammerus, I only had Honey a few months, she had the same impact on me!!!

janoue
I hate it when the fish die and my husband is at work. I hate having to remove them myself. Sometimes I just throw a towel over the tank and wait for him to come home.

gammerus
I hate it when the fish die and my husband is at work. I hate having to remove them myself. Sometimes I just throw a towel over the tank and wait for him to come home.

I am the same way, I absolutly hate removing them. I don't mind so much if it is a normal community fish, but I get attatched to my bettas.

MissMTS
Awwww. I am so sorry for your family's loss. I am glad that you are going to get your little girl a betta for her room. You can pass your passion for fish down to her. It sounds like she already got attached so I'm sure she would love another one. Please post a pic when you do your "shampoo run".

COBettaCouple
Yea, I'm the official remover and burier of fish when we lose them. Usually I also break down the tank to sterilize it and store it until we use it again since it's hard looking at the empty tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
YellowFish13
Top Bottom