Not having a good couple weeks :(

1. BettaLovez Member Member

I am so stressed.

One week ago i lost a male betta to dropsy. Then a half of a week later my 29 gallon tanks heater was either bumped or decided it wanted to be evil so it fried all my fish. Lost a good 40$ worth of fish, lost one female betta. So i placed the last surviving four females into their own cups, two days later I switched around fish. Now they are in a HEAVILY planted five gallon tank ( this is not permanent but only until i get my 29 gallon re-cleaned and recycled)

So now my females hate each other ( they seemed to enjoy each others company in the 29 gallon now they cant stand each other presence.

And i have two females in two other tanks because before my heater went murderous I had to take a female out because she was getting bullied way to much and I have another that I am very wary of putting her in with my other females because they hate each other.

And yesterday I lost my black orchid to a parasite or something else. The pet store people gave me the wrong medicine and gave me an annoyed look when I was trying to describe his symptoms.

So now I might have a parasite or bacterial thing in my water that I need to treat 7 fish tanks for ( plus my dads African tank)

These fish stress me out, I love them dearly but I might get premature grey hair ( and I am only 18!)

2. Nuthatch Member Member

Yeah, it sounds like you are having a pretty awful week. I'm sorry for your losses. :(

3. BettaLovez Member Member

I am having a pretty bad week, but thank you:)

4. Antoniothe3rd Initiate Member

Nooooo. Fishpocalypse! D: Well luckily bad-heater-itis isn't contagious so it won't happen in another tank anytime soon. And maybe you'll get lucky and the parasite or bacteria will contain itself in the tanks it's in and not spread. Either way doesn't sound fun. I hope things get better. Good luck!

5. BettaLovez Member Member

All fingers crossed that i can keep the paraite or whatever in my tanks, i am jut getting nervous because i am moving to Nevada and i really do not want to bring parasite across the Unnited States.lol