Reaction score
well it's finally done. I have cleaned and decorated my ten gallon tank
in it I have
6 zebra danios
1 red tail shark
2 apple snails
5 ghost shrimp
1 male betta

so far everyone is getting along fine. autumn (my betta) is hiding all the time but I expected that. I know I will have to get rid of the rts eventually but untill he causes a problem or gets too big he can stay in the community.

my camera is just awfull so I think these are the best photos I can get.

btw I used the plant from his old 1gal in the new tank
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Re: not great qaulity

Nice pics!
If you can, the betta would really appreciate some floating plants. You might see him more often then.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score

any you can suggest that my snails or shrimp wont eat?

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score

hard to tell since autumn has allways been alittle ragged, but it looks like he might have been nipped, or caught his fin on something. he is starting to come out today, but still staying around the gravel. I suppose it's better than him hiding. but I want to know can ghost shrimp take bites of his tail? I normally woud suspect the danios but they don't seem to know he even exists. the only one giving him a hard time is the red tail...well actually its autumn who keeps chasing the red tail..I'm not sure if I should remove him or give him more time.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

I don't think a ghostie would be nippy...and I think danios are usually peaceful w/ bettas...I would guess the rts is the culprit. Unless there is something he is catching his fins on.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score

the danio is allways bullied by the betta, I dont think it's him.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Yes I doubt it would be a danio. I happened to stumble across this while searching the web:

An opposite problem seems to occur in aquariums where waters remain particularly warm. These warm temperatures speed up the metabolisms of the Ghost Shrimp, making them more active. Unfortunately, along with this increased activity, some people have reported an increased aggressiveness. It has been observed that Ghost Shrimp may attack fish at higher temperatures.

So I guess maybe it could be the Ghost Shrimp. But I still think it is the RTS, they and Bettas are not exactly compatible...

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score

hmm the water temp ranges from 75-82 (80-82 during the daytime) so it could be the shrimp..hmm it seems off to suspect the rts when he is the one allways getting chased

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom