Not another problem! Help!

GoGreen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So now I have someone sick in my main tank, I think. First off, I just tested the water, it is perfect. Everyone is looking great, except one of my platies seems to have some sort of growth right in front of that fan like fin that tells one what the sex of the fish is (sorry I don't remember what it is called)

The fish looks healthy otherwise, and was fine this morning. Currently hovering near the surface, which isn't necessarily abnormal behaviour...but...

The growth is about the size of a very small pea.

I am very discouraged right now, and I don't have a Q tank to use, my cory, Hector, is living in there, trying to get better.

What is going on!!!?

Will these problems ever end, I thought that everything was going great in my tank and now...
???

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
can you tell me the color of the growth? i just lost a cory to a fungus, which was a white cottony thing. so if you think it is, start medicating with pimafix, or something safe for all the fish in the tank.

GoGreen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The growth seems to look kinda orange, like my platy, with some lighter areas on it. Almost like it is a part of the fish that has puffed out or something.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is it male or female? If it's female it might just be fry in there. Can you post a pic?

-Lisa

GoGreen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It is female, but definitely not fry, there are no males in my tank. This is not an enlarged belly, like pregnancy, but a pea-shaped growth next to her fin. Like a tumor or something?

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's strange, my last female gupy had an orangegrowth on her head. Melafix owuld reduce it and make it less orange, but itnever went away. Eventually, she got really sick and took 3 of my other fish with her...
I don't think it's the same thing as her growth was just little and on her head.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom