Not again my Betta (Peach) is sick! Pls help

Zartic

About three weeks ago Peach developed whole in the head disease. We were able to get him through that nightmare and now almost the entire wound has healed. I used Paraguard which seemed to help him

He letter developed from secondary infection swimm bladder disease. We beat that also with an Epson bath.

After over two weeks he was back and I put him back into his 30 gallon.

And now starting 3 days ago he's been swimming erratically not being able to judge his speed. He found a place to hide on day 2 and never came out to eat. On the 4th day I put him into his quarantine tank again :(

Outside he has nothing visible so I can guess it's a internal parasite or bacteria. I just put in some Metroplex which finally came in the mail. I live in Toronto so it's illegal to buy medication locally.

This nightmare is starting again. Im not going to lose him and you guys at Fishlore helped so much.

There is some parasite in my 30 gallon and I used Copper safe which didn't do anything from Peach is showing. If he makes it through, I'm doing a completely fresh tank. I also have two tetras (the other ones died without outside signs or behavior) I had them for about 3 years. I also have a Pleco and 3 Amano shrimp. They are all doing totally fine.

God, please help someone.
Well I'm guessing there's some parasite in my main and tank or something I've got no clue. Something is in there trying to kill my fish.

attheworld

I'll just pop by to recommend you fill out the emergency template for sick fish. It'll help anyone who can assist you in the future.

maybe try filling out the emergency template.
Edit: I think we replied at the same time. whoops

Upvote 0

Zartic

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 30 gallon
How long has the tank been running? 5 years
Does it have a filter? Yes 40 gallon filter
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 78
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) Pleco, two tetras, three Amano shrimp, snails, and Betta

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Once a week
How much of the water do you change? 25%
What do you use to treat your water? I have Paraguard and Metroplex available also Coppersafe
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? I have natural soil for the live plants so it's difficult

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? No
What do you use to test the water? Testing kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 5
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7.6

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? One a day sometimes skip one day a week
How much do you feed your fish? Very small portions of Bug Bites
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Bug Bites and Wardley Betta Food
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Rarely if not ATT all

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 1.5 years
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 4 days ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Erratic behavior nothing visible outside. From time to time swimms at high speed not in control. Flaring up at the filter. Swimms in one spot vertically from time to time. But is normal most of the time
Have you started any treatment for the illness? I've used Metroplex
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? Does not apply
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Does not apply

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)

Please refer to my initial post
Thank for the form I wasnt aware and thank you for helping Peach
I made a mistake!

Nitrite is 0 and Nitrate is 5
To treat water is use Water conditioner sorry miss understood question

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MisterSnuffles
Replies