Not a pet but,

kra-z-fishmumm
they are who I feed and water on a daily basis! lol

Angela_96
Beautiful backyard pets.. lol..
We have some pretty birds in our yard too..
I love thelast.. what kind of bird is it? my hubby is in bed so I don't have his bird id... (his fav in college was the birds in his wildlife studies)

I can't wait until we get a good hummingbird feeder going, w/ my new camera I am sure we can get some good pics, they will literally come right up to your face if you stand still enough to eat, you can get a point blank pic..

kra-z-fishmumm
Sorry,,, didn't think about id'ing them lol the last one is a Red-bellied Woodpecker (male), he is one of my favs. I hear him yelling at me in the morning! My husband fixed a hanging platform feeder from the gutter just outside our bedroom window, in an attempt to keep the squirrels away!, it didn't work! But, it provides an excellent way of getting close ups.

Lucy
We feed a variety of birds also. lol they do yell when their feeders are empty.
Thanks for reminding me about the humming bird feeder II have the same one!). Usually they come buzzing around looking for it by now.
I'll set it out tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Angela_96
I love summer!! the birds in the morning behind the house!! the humingbirds ready to poke your eyes out because the feeder is empty... lol these little guys in tn are pigs....
they will empty one at our house, leave go right next door to my husbands grandfathers house drain it, then go to his parents all in a three house row and then look at you like hey man, where's the food?? I love the little guys, so does my husbands family, his dad will sleep all day where he is seriously ill and if he does nothing all day will fill a humingbird feeder.

seedy
Nice pics

angelfish220
What do you have in your humming bird feeder? I just alwaysed used a simple syrup but your food is red.

Lucy
It's probably food coloring, that's what I use.

capekate
Wonderful photos of your back yard pets Fishmumm.... ;D
I love the blue birds the best of all... only see them for a short while here, then they move on north. But you can spot them a mile away!
Its almost time for the Hummingbirds to show up on their long trip from the Gulf Of Mexico... These birds are amazing.. they pretty much follow the exact same route and remember each and every stop along the way. They teach their babies as well. They travel so far and so long.. its always a good idea to have that solution ready for them, as they do need that energy! If they do not find it at their stop over.. they move on to the next one, and may or may not stop there again the following year.
Another fav of mine to see in early summer is the Baltimore Oreo. hmmm I know that's not the correct spelling lol.. hahah... they are NOT a cookie!
But I try to get that orange out on a limb as soon as I see the first one show up.

Drea
Reading this post, I am on my porch up north Michigan, at our summer place. I am happy with the fact that I could ID the bird pics, because we have them here as well as many others....robins, chickadees, groesbeaks, blue jays, orioles, goldfinches.
I have the same humminbird feeder too!!!Hummingbirds are attracted to red (and other bright colors) thus the liquid or the feeder can be red to have more birds visit. yesterday, I was in the yard near the HB feeder and two came to feed, I was less than 6 inches from them, and
it was so awesome. The sound they make is cool.
Hummingbirds are very prominant in Arizona, every winter vacation we took to Tucson, and Scottsdale there were thousands nested and enjoying the warmer temps.

Reading this post, I am on my porch up north Michigan, at our summer place. I am happy with the fact that I could ID the bird pics, because we have them here as well as many others....robins, chickadees, groesbeaks, blue jays, orioles, goldfinches.
I have the same humminbird feeder too!!!Hummingbirds are attracted to red (and other bright colors) thus the liquid or the feeder can be red to have more birds visit. yesterday, I was in the yard near the HB feeder and two came to feed, I was less than 6 inches from them, and
it was so awesome. The sound they make is cool.
Hummingbirds are very prominant in Arizona, every winter vacation we took to Tucson, and Scottsdale there were thousands nested and enjoying the warmer temps.
I consider back yard birds as my pets too...I care for them as much as my other pets, and would be sad if they were not here for all of us to love and enjoy.

Martinismommy
How beautiful!

kra-z-fishmumm
I just love the hummingbirds too. I sit and hold some sugar water in a bowl or tube and they will come sit on my hand and drink. I would love to be in AZ when they come for the warmer temps.! In the magazine Birds & Blooms, they have a trip posted to go out to AZ in August for banning the birds, they said atleast 14 different species come to the area! That would be so fantastic!

I posted some more bird photos in my gallery,, I go as crazy over them as I do my fish when it comes to taking pics!

Lucy
I just love the hummingbirds too. I sit and hold some sugar water in a bowl or tube and they will come sit on my hand and drink.

Hey, that's pretty cool.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Whitewolf
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
  • Question
Replies
Views
StarGirl