Northfin Bug Pro

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
not sure how new this product is but my lfs has recently started carrying it. i have tried and love most of NorthFin's fish foods so i wanted to try it plus you get a ton of food for a good price.

i love the container it comes in because normally this brand uses bags which i dont mind but its easy to accidentally pull off the part that reseals it, so i tend to buy my own containers to put their pellets in.

as soon as i put the pellets in the tank, the fish went crazy and ate all of it. sometimes it can take a little bit for fish eat something new, so you know it must be good if the fish recognizes it as food when you first feed it to them or it might just mean they arent picky lol. My fish do like the Bug Bites but they dont have a strong reaction to it, and wont go out of their way to eat it unless they are really hungry.

this is pretty similar to Bug Bites but the ingredients and response is much better to Bug Pro then the Bug Bites. Sadly uses only one type of bug but its not a big deal as there is alot of other good ingredients used.

Ingredients
Black Soldier Fly Larvae Meal, Whole Antarctic Krill Meal, High DHA Omega-3 Herring Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Wheat Flour, Organic Kelp, Spirulina, Garlic, Astaxanthin, Montmorillonite Clay, Vitamin A Acetate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Cholecalciferol, Alpha-tocopherol Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamine, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Selenium, Zinc, Rosemary Extract.

the pellets are round and flat are all 2mm each, which is a bit big for what i have but its easy to crush or let them pick at as it softens. not sure if other sized pellets are available because these were the only ones at the store. do sink rather quickly which is good for if you have fish that stay at certain regions of the tank and wont come to the surface.
IMG_20190510_165353.jpg

it smells really good and strong, as soon as you open the container you will smell it almost instantly. you get 130g of pellets for around $10 depending on where you get it, which is a good price and will last you a long time depending on how much fish you have. it does come in bigger portions if you want/need something bigger.

overall i give it a 5/5 because my fish all respond well, you get alot of product, easy to find in canada and its not crazy expensive

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom