Northfin Bug Pro

candiedragon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This seems to be pretty new. Every few months I look around to see what new stuff there are that I could try since I have a picky Jaguar Cichlid, mind you it had a long phase of refusing even fresh blood worms and brine shrimp both live and frozen. I decided to give this a try.

I like the ingredient list of Northfin foods, although from this particular product I wouldn't call it a Bug "Pro" since there's only one type of insect lol.

I will be honest, I haven't given this anywhere enough time to give a proper review so please take this with a grain of salt. I think the smell is quite enticing if I were a fish lol; strong garlic smell, with notes of what reminds me of gut-loaded crickets, and fish. I tried it a couple times with my fish so far, the pellets are 2mm so it's a bit on the bigger side for the smaller tetras but the angels and rainbows have taken to it. The pellets sink pretty quickly, they might float because of the surface area, it's kind of a rounded disk rather than a rounded pellet. So it would be good to try and feed for the bottom feeders or medium-sized, fast, good eaters. I have corys, whiptail cats, kuhlis, and clown plecos and I've seen them all munching on a pellet. The bottom feeders, my celebes halfbeak, angelfish, and betta seem to like it the most so far. I would like to see how my fish do over a longer period of time. It's a pretty big container so we will see.

Ingredients:
Black SoldierFly Larvae Meal, Wole Antarctic Krill Meal (Euphausia Superba), High DHA Omega-3 Herring Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Wheat Flour, Organic Kelp (Laminariales), Spirulina, Garlic (Allium Sativum), Astaxanthin, Montmorillonite Clay, Vitamin A Acetate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Cholecalciferol, Alpha-tocopherol, Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamine, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Selenium, Zinc, Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis).

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (Min) 44%
Crude Fat (Min) 5%
Crude Fiber (Max) 4%
Moisture (Max) 9%
Ash (Max) 12%

Attachments

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Did you order it online, or was it at your LFS? Insect-based food seems like a really good idea to me.

candiedragon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Did you order it online, or was it at your LFS? Insect-based food seems like a really good idea to me.
I ordered it online from Ken's Fish. I've not seen any of my LFS carry Northfin products.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom