North Carolina Fish/pet Stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Which stores in North Carolina are good for freshwater fish/plants? Also which ones have healthy mystery snails since all the ones I see have broken shells or are dead (except at The Fish Room but 1 of the 3 snails I bought died in a week). I have only been to the chain pet stores and a store called The Fish Room in Raleigh. I live in the RTP area.

Zigi Zig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I shop in same stores there is not much around.. but sometimes i have good luck for plants in petco and The Fish Room of the Capital BLVD they have new stuff every Thursday ..

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'll go to the Cary Fish Room. Is it smaller than the one in Raleigh?

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Actually I did buy floating plants there once but I've only been there that time. Could you go into more detail about why the one in Cary is better?

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Aquarium Outfitters has a ton of fish if you feel like making the hike all the way to Wake Forest...

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
@Magicpenny75 I might have some time to go there but I am not sure. Do they have saltwater? I have been to Fintastic Aquariums of Wake County. Do you know if the Reef Farm is better?

Zigi Zig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Actually I did buy floating plants there once but I've only been there that time. Could you go into more detail about why the one in Cary is better?
I was saying one on capital is better

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
@Magicpenny75 I might have some time to go there but I am not sure. Do they have saltwater? I have been to Fintastic Aquariums of Wake County. Do you know if the Reef Farm is better?
Oh I thought you were looking for FW. I bought my oscar at Aquarium Outfitters, and I saw some saltwater fish there but wasn't paying that much attention. You can't go wrong with Fintastic or the Reef Farm, depending on what you're looking for. The Reef Farm has great selection on clowns, reef safe fish, tank bred/raised fish... I also haven't been there in a long time. Fintastic was a great resource for me when I had saltwater. Great people in there, good healthy stock and very good prices.

abarb

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh I thought you were looking for FW. I bought my oscar at Aquarium Outfitters, and I saw some saltwater fish there but wasn't paying that much attention. You can't go wrong with Fintastic or the Reef Farm, depending on what you're looking for. The Reef Farm has great selection on clowns, reef safe fish, tank bred/raised fish... I also haven't been there in a long time. Fintastic was a great resource for me when I had saltwater. Great people in there, good healthy stock and very good prices.
I'm looking for freshwater and saltwater. Right now I need goldfish and fowlr stuff. I will be doing soft corals and lps eventually though. Are most of the fish at The Reef Farm tank bred?

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm looking for freshwater and saltwater. Right now I need goldfish and fowlr stuff. I will be doing soft corals and lps eventually though. Are most of the fish at The Reef Farm tank bred?
The last time I was a customer there, the owner did her level best to get tank bred or at least tank raised stock whenever possible. It is not available with all breeds, and I don't know what they carry now. At least before (we were friends at one time) it was a particular passion of hers to encourage sustainable reefkeeping with as close to zero wild impact as possible. It's a pretty cool place, or was then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 28 66.7%

Top Bottom