Normal rainbow shark behavior????? (Video attached)

Discussion in 'Rainbow Shark' started by Lunammortem, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Lunammortem

Lunammortem New Member Member

Okay so I just got my rainbow shark yesterday and I've noticed her doing really weird stuff. You can see in the video that she's been swimming upside down and vertically. She's been kind of spinning around like that for a while and I don't really think it's normal. She also seems really weak. I have a filter and none of my other fish or ghost shrimp have ever been bothered by it. They swim right through the current no problem, but I saw her get stuck in a plant under the current and then she got sucked up!! The holes are too small to go through but she looked stuck to the filter where it sucks the water in and I had to help her off. Maybe she liked it there?? But I helped her off and she swam away so i don't know.
    I also attached a picture of my filter

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438186485.266483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. OP
    OP
    Lunammortem

She just got stuck again. Here's a photo ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438186833.050169.jpg

3. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

Dying sounds like a strong possibility.

type of tank size and filtration size?
    can you reduce the power and up the ammount of food being dropped? Checkammonia levels?

4. OP
    OP
    Lunammortem

10 gallon and the filter is for "up to 10 gallons" (I know my tank is too small I planned on returning her today along with the other one who has disappeared)
    She's not even been in there for 24 hours
    I drop a little pinch of flake food and a bit of crushed up algae pellets twice a day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice