normal or not??

ricksgups

Reaction score
Hi. I have a male guppy. He's been in my 10 gallon tank alone for about 2 weeks. Today I went out and picked up 2 more male guppies. The one I had in there seems to be nipping at the new guppies. Doesn't seem like it's overly aggressive, and the new ones aren't hiding, just swimming away a little. Is this normal behavior for guppies when new fish are introduced?

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it's normal, think u can put 2 more male guppies in a 10 gallon tank.

OP
R

ricksgups

Reaction score
I watched them for a while this morning, and they all seem happy. Guess they were just getting to know each other. They're swimming around happily with each other. I think Nemo (the first male I had, daughter named him cause he's orange) is thrilled to have some new friends! Can't wait to get a couple more. Thanks for the replies

wolfman21

Reaction score
It probably just took some time to establish donimance. I had a blue tetra once that would pick on all my fish, my male guppy especially, trying to establish dominance-took it too far and killed the guppy, so I had to give him away to someone else where the mollys told him who was boss. Glad to hear they are getting along better now.

New Threads