Normal for Dalmatian Molly male?

Discussion in 'Molly' started by guppygrl, Dec 20, 2012.

1. guppygrl

guppygrlValued MemberMember

Is it normal for a male Dalmatian Molly to change from looking Dalmatian to almost all black?

I noticed in the last couple weeks he has been getting more and more black. He's still healthy and happy. But is this a concern or just that he's maturing? The female Dalmatian is still the same.

2. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Hard to say without pictures. But, if he is healthy then there'd be nothing to worry about.

3. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

I'll try to take a picture of him tomorrow and post that. He's acting normal. Water parameters are normal too so I won't worry about it. It just kinda surprised me to see him changing!

4. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Its not something I've ever heard of, though that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

5. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Dalmations mollies turn black as they age.

6. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

Just like my gray hairs as I age? Lol
    I'll keep an eye on him and see what happens.

7. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

i have a male who is called a "reverse dalmation" he's mostly black with a few silver spots on his tail, dorsal fin and underbelly. he did have more silver on his body when he was only 3 months but he seems to be getting darker. he does have very nice normal dalmation babies though.

8. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

imageHere are my two Dalmatian mollys. The male used to have a lot of white has turned almost completely black. Looks like black velvet . Chip is the boy...Oreo is the girl.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  9. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

This is what Chip looked like a couple months ago.

Attached Files:

10. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

chip looks remarkebly like my king. although he didnt ever have as much silver on him as chip did in the older photo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice