Normal for clown loach to do this?

Grace4514

Reaction score
I've seen him sleep on his side before but it's always inside the pvc hide outs. Nothing going on with my water other than the cloudiness I posted another thread about and we think it's goo on the driftwood. Just worry about my fishies when they do stuff like this hes been acting normal other than this he just did right now and wondering if this is a bad sign or hes just sleeping but its just odd to me that hes not in the hide outs if he is sleeping. I normally do water changes Monday and Thursdays but I might do one tonight since I'm dealing with the cloudiness. My wifi went out mid way through trying to post this and hes now in the pvc pipe laying in there but do you guys think I should be worried about that? I also saw my goldfish over a week ago laying down like this I was going to post it but he stopped I just never really saw him doing that before normally I see him close to the bottom when he sleeps but now laying directly on the sand
20200617_201441.jpg
20200610_210120.jpg

Attachments

AvalancheDave

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have some that will lay at the front of the tank belly up.

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes i think i heard it looks like they play dead sometimes. This is just from reading about them. Never owned them but would definitely like a large tank with 5-6 of them eventually!!

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
I plan on it :) I didnt know that when I got him ( like many stories start lol ) but he also schools with my rainbow shark but by the time I found out I'm so attached to him hes one of my favorites i couldnt stand rehoming him

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are renowned for it.

Clown Loaches would need a tank to themselves in my opinion, perhaps with a few dither fish.

Minimum recommended shoal size for Clown Loaches is six (preferably more).

Minimum recommended tank size for Clown Loaches is 180 gallons 6' x 2' x 2' (preferably larger).

Recommended Temp 78-82F.

Watch out for Whitespot (they usually get it when newly introduced).

New Threads