Normal Betta Poop? Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Sequoia, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Sequoia

Sequoia Valued Member Member

8B8E1BA1-0FCE-4A3D-984B-5B6BCF8E3342.jpeg I just got home and I went to see my fish and there’s this poop that looks like a worm, so is this normal? My betta currently has Fin rot but I’m treating him with Melafix right now, also my levels are 0,0,5 ppm! (He’s in a 10g alone too!)

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Do you have a better picture? Hard to tell.

3. OP
    OP
    Sequoia

C84C740D-1DE6-4002-9354-D2465DD82F2D.jpeg Here’s a better one!

4. WanhiBetta

WanhiBetta Valued Member Member

Sorry, I don't know about the poop but you should definitely stop using Melafix with a betta. It is extremely dangerous for them because it can cover their labyrinth organ. Finrot will get better with clean water and if it is major, there are safe medication like Methylene Blue.

5. OP
    OP
    Sequoia

Okay! Because of all the warnings I’ve been monitoring my betta and he’s been fine! He’s still eating all the food I give him and he still begs for more! For the clean water part how often would I have to change his water so I don’t have to use medication?

6. Bettafishies126

Bettafishies126 Valued Member Member

Yeah, don't medicate unless you absolutely must, especially with bettas. 25% water changes every few days or so until healing is finished and then you can go to once a week.

7. OP
    OP
    Sequoia

Okay thanks everyone for all the advice! ☺️

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice