NooB

kuhliLoachFan

Reaction score
Experience
4 years

Hi I'm new here too. So I'm a fish bum too? [Nope. Not even a bum yet. Just a noob.]

Warren
[Toronto,Canada]

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
kuhliLoachFan said:
Hi I'm new here too. So I'm a fish bum too? [Nope. Not even a bum yet. Just a noob.]

Warren
[Toronto,Canada]
Welcome to the forum Warren!!

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, Warren, welcome to Fishlore!

jeniferdwn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
wow, I haven't looked at my count lately. I was trying hard to get 50 posts so I could buy some snails and plants and now I have 95 posts!!! I've always been told I talk too much!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Kuhlil and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I have moved your post from another thread to create a thread of your own. It's also located in the Welcome to Fish Lore section of the forum. This will help you to get a proper Wecome .

Have fun and I hope you enjoy the site!

Ken

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

Welcome to Fishlore!!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome! You'll be a bum soon enough.

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nice to meet you WarrenWelcome to Fish Lore

mizzoufan96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome!

kuhliLoachFan

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I currently have 12 tanks going. Largest is a 75 gallon malawi cichlid tank.

My interests include:

1. the history of the hobby. I'm trying to find pictures of old fashioned tanks and equipment from various decades.

2. breeding cichlids. Currently I'm trying a trio of a lake victoria cichlid, the yellow belly albert (astatotilapia aeneocolor). After the no-brainer starter cichlid (Convicts! yay!) I moved on to other things. But I still have a soft spot in my heart for the much-maligned-and-hard-to-get-homes-for Convict.

3. learning to DIY. I just got a broken 38gal tank (no bottom). I am going to try to repair it. Whee!

I have been in the hobby for only three years. But my dad has been a long time fishkeeper as was my grandfather before us. My grandpa started keeping fish in the 1950s. My dad was into it and then out of it, many times during various decades. But now that both of us are into it, it's a great father-son thing. I have an almost teenager who is showing interest in the hobby too. If he gets hooked on this hobby, that will be FOUR generations.

:)

Warren

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
kuhliLoachFan said:
I currently have 12 tanks going. Largest is a 75 gallon malawi cichlid tank.

My interests include:

1. the history of the hobby. I'm trying to find pictures of old fashioned tanks and equipment from various decades.

2. breeding cichlids. Currently I'm trying a trio of a lake victoria cichlid, the yellow belly albert (astatotilapia aeneocolor). After the no-brainer starter cichlid (Convicts! yay!) I moved on to other things. But I still have a soft spot in my heart for the much-maligned-and-hard-to-get-homes-for Convict.

3. learning to DIY. I just got a broken 38gal tank (no bottom). I am going to try to repair it. Whee!

I have been in the hobby for only three years. But my dad has been a long time fishkeeper as was my grandfather before us. My grandpa started keeping fish in the 1950s. My dad was into it and then out of it, many times during various decades. But now that both of us are into it, it's a great father-son thing. I have an almost teenager who is showing interest in the hobby too. If he gets hooked on this hobby, that will be FOUR generations.

:)

Warren
I have a soft spot in my heart for cons as well. I have 3 spawning pairs and two "same sex" pairs that I refuse to rehome.

It's absolutely fabulous when we can bond with our family through the hobby, isn't it? 3 generations, moving towards 4. That's just awesome!

jeniferdwn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's nice that your family is involved! Wish mine were!!

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi there and welcome!!!!!

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome Warren (you'll be a bum soon right enough! I remember those days, it was a much easier time for me!)

Would love to see some pics of your setups, it's amazing that you and your family have such an interest

kuhliLoachFan

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Here are some pictures.

65.jpg

I could really use help ID'ing this guy, nobody can tell me for sure if he's a hybrid, a protomelas sp. (hap), or a aulonocara sp. (peacock):
67.jpg

And, because I need to be humbled, here is my first tank, behold it in all its ugliness:
69.jpg

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
LOL Welcome
I think we have all done the ugly tank thing. I recently heard that type of substrate called clown vomit which I thought was a great description.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Kuhli,

Wow! Beautiful black Angel! Simply awesome! I'm sure someone will come along and ID the other fish in the photo for you.

Ken

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He looks like a peacock to me, Nutter is great at Cichlid I.D, I'm he'll be able to give a more positive I.d!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nick Goody said:
He looks like a peacock to me, Nutter is great at Cichlid I.D, I'm he'll be able to give a more positive I.d!

I agree. I'm thinking sunshine peacock, but Nutter should be able to tell us for sure.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads