Noob Question - Do I need to lower the water level below the intake tube & spray bar in order to remove the Fluval 306 Aquastop Valve?

• Thread starter KevInLA
  • Start date

KevInLA

I must've done something wrong, as one time I tried opening the filter with the water level still near the top, and water came rushing through the valve until I was able to raise the intake and spray bar out of the tank. Ever since then I have always drained the water and removed the intake tube before opening the filter to clean it. Needless to say, I'm trying to make sure if I try to remove the Aquastop valve with the tank still full I won't get the same issue. Was it simply a matter of not raising the white lever all the way up before opening it?

leftswerve

Well Known
yes, unless the lever action is broken. After twisting the lever up, then flipping the latch on the aquastop, there is some water that comes out from inside the valve, but not much and once it's done, that's it. No more should come out.

KevInLA

leftswerve said:
yes, unless the lever action is broken. After twisting the lever up, then flipping the latch on the aquastop, there is some water that comes out from inside the valve, but not much and once it's done, that's it. No more should come out.
Thanks, looks like it was a simple matter of not raising the lever all the way up.

Top Bottom